Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do with old vinyls?

Options
  • 02-10-2011 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hey

I used to have decks about 8 years ago,i got rid of them but kept my vinyls,i have about 250 of them,mostly dance and hard house stuff,ive no idea what to do with them,i dont really have space for them

has anyone got any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

eh...sell them!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭francois

Turn them in to ashtrays, they are a cheap alternative to Waterford Crystal ones

IMG00169-20110628-1402.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

I have space. Give them to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

I dont smoke so ive no use for any ashtrays

Iused to buy alot of my stuff from abbey discs in town but that seems to have vanished,is there any places that buy vinyls in bulk loads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

You can make them into bowls either. Popcorn'll never be hassle again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Try sell them on Adverts.ie

There's plenty of people selling vinyl there. Very rarely will anyone buy in bulk though, so you might have to sell them individually. Most people will buy 10-15 at a time. You'll also be able to price them individually (a higher price for the best tracks). Check the current prices on Discogs.com so you don't underprice anything.

I've seen a few people listing their entire collection, and letting individual buyers pick what they want. If they're reasonably priced you can ask them to collect.

It might take a while to shift them all, but it's better than selling them underpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

I have a friend who paints art onto them, he would love to take them off your hands.
    pm me and I will get you a price for them if your interested.

Advertisement