Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edision Mini 2in1 IP Firmware v1.4.22

Options
  • 01-10-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I installed this firmware a few days back and I could not get the device to record thereafter. In some cases, it appeared as if the recording was taking place but a file with the recording could not be located afterwards.

I reverted to the previous release from July (1.3.93) and normal service has resumed.

My disk is NTFS formatted. I am just wondering if anyone else has tried the latest firmware (dated 22/Sep/11) and if recording worked? Also what disk formatting was used on the hard drive?

Note: You should make a backup before any firmware upgrade - especially in this case. Edision no longer have older firmware versions on the site. Thus, the necessity to take a backup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭atellyer

Hi, I have the new firmware and it is recording ok. My disk is FAT formatted, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cfob

atellyer, Thanks for that. I noticed since that I was having the odd problem with the older firmware version.

I have since done a 'discheck' on the 2GB drive connected to a PC. A number of problems were found and fixed. A series of recording tests since worked. My recording issues were coincidental and not related to the firmware.

Regards & Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

hi guys,
    are any of the saorview EPG issues solved with this new firmware? (program details, etc.) Just wondering whats new and if its worth my while upgrading my Argus Mini...
    ta,
    spm

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭atellyer

hi guys,
    are any of the saorview EPG issues solved with this new firmware? (program details, etc.) Just wondering whats new and if its worth my while upgrading my Argus Mini...
    ta,
    spm

If you are talking about the lack of EPG on Irish channels, yes, this is now solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cfob

I had a look at the EPG and its working with the minor bug that the weekdays in the schedule option are shown in German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

atellyer wrote: »
    If you are talking about the lack of EPG on Irish channels, yes, this is now solved.

cheers atellyer... I'll give the upgrade a go so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

Hi guys,

Where can i download the new firmware upgrade from?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Latest versions available here (1.4.33 - 22/11/2011)
    MiniIP @ http://argus-family.de/produktreceiverargusmini2in1ip.html
    Mini @ http://argus-family.de/produktreceiverargusmini2in1.html

Haven't tried these yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

hi guys,
    ta,
    spm
    That was fixed with a previous firmware update (the July one mentioned I think).

Must admit I generally go with it ain't broke don't fix it approach to firmware updates - is there an issue I've yet to come across that's solved with this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Just got a Argus mini 2in1 IP, any tips for firmware to upgrade to?
    Its currently running 1.3.24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Upgraded to 1.4.39. Noticeable improvement in response to button presses, no lag in changing channels and was able to re-install old channel list even though it was from an older boot loader. Winning.

Advertisement