Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 and Aliens

Options
  • 01-10-2011 12:55am

This is something that I've been thinking about recently and may be strange even for Conspiracy theories. As some people may have known, the Mexican government is planning to release evidence that the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrial beings. Is it possible that 2012 is when the Aliens return?

Partly my reasoning for thinking something like this, asides from the fact that I'm having trouble sleeping, is that it seems odd that in recent months a lot of worldwide government agencies have been releasing documentation on Aliens and UFOs; the recent releasing of FBI archives comes to mind.

Is this a possibility or is my imagination going overboard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭TCP/IP_King

... the Mexican government is planning to release evidence that the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrial beings. Is it possible that 2012 is when the Aliens return?

These aliens ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

the Mexican government is planning to release evidence that the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrial beings.

Care to expand on that? What form will this evidence take? Exciting!
    Is it possible that 2012 is when the Aliens return?

What's so significant about 2012? Why would the Mayans know more than contemporary scientists and people in general? Makes no sense. Our knowledge generally increases as time goes on. Sounds like you're falling for the old "romanticize anything ancient" fallacy.
    the recent releasing of FBI archives comes to mind.

You talking about the likes of the Guy Hottel document? That's not a recent release -- it's been declassified for years, and has been discussed online since the 90s. It just got added to the FBI online vault recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

the Mexican government is planning to release evidence that the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrial beings.

Where did you hear this?can you give us any links please to news sources or anything as ive ehard nothing

in recent months a lot of worldwide government agencies have been releasing documentation on Aliens and UFOs

when you say documentation on ufos do u mean documents where the government have investigated alleged ufo sighting / alien abductions and then came to the conclusion that it was only weather baloons,meteorites and people hallucinating?

Have any governments released any statements saying that they have found proof of aliens? and that they believe we are not alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

I wouldnt let this stuff keep me awake at night,you shouldnt worry about it

the chances of aliens abducting you are very slim, specially since we live in ireland,its not exactly a hotbed of alien activity here

as for the whole world as we know it will end in 2012 due to a big alien invasion taking place at the olympic games in london or due to some kind of alien threat taking place on in december 2012 i wouldnt worry about it either

I personally look forward to the day aliens invade us,single no children males with nothing to lose will have a field day fighting the aliens,life will be finally exciting and worth living,we will be like rambo running around taking anything we want, fast cars,weapons,women.there will be no law except what we make

it would be almost as good as a zombie apocolapse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Get off the internet and explore the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

This is something that I've been thinking about recently and may be strange even for Conspiracy theories. As some people may have known, the Mexican government is planning to release evidence that the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrial beings. Is it possible that 2012 is when the Aliens return?

Partly my reasoning for thinking something like this, asides from the fact that I'm having trouble sleeping, is that it seems odd that in recent months a lot of worldwide government agencies have been releasing documentation on Aliens and UFOs; the recent releasing of FBI archives comes to mind.

Is this a possibility or is my imagination going overboard?

Your imagination is going overboard. QED

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Watch the documentary ancient aliens on the History channel it goes into evidence of all that stuff, very interesting.

There is definitely more to our past then we are thought in schools. Ancient people seems to be more advanced then we are today in some of the things they built.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Terrlock wrote: »
    Watch the documentary ancient aliens on the History channel it goes into evidence of all that stuff, very interesting.

There is definitely more to our past then we are thought in schools. Ancient people seems to be more advanced then we are today in some of the things they built.

A quick summation for that show:
    9148130.jpg?1312526087

It's a "documentary" in the same way as Pro-wrestling is a "sport".

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Get off the internet and explore the real world.
    [Embedded Image Removed]alien-smiley-126.gif
    [Embedded Image Removed]

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

CyberJuice wrote: »
    Where did you hear this?can you give us any links please to news sources or anything as ive ehard nothing

when you say documentation on ufos do u mean documents where the government have investigated alleged ufo sighting / alien abductions and then came to the conclusion that it was only weather baloons,meteorites and people hallucinating?

Have any governments released any statements saying that they have found proof of aliens? and that they believe we are not alone?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/26/idUS333894436320110926

Some food for thought...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭The Skulls

Interesting post OP, however if you're having trouble sleeping I can recommend Captain Morgan, works for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mmmmmmmm...the Mexican official involved is the Minister for Tourism for the Mexican State of Campeche. Campeche just so happens to be the location of a large number of Mayan sites. This has all the hallmarks of a clever viral marketing campaign to boost tourism and capitalize on the current obsession with "2012". Of course the CTers will swallow this hook, line and sinker without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Skeptoid.png?9d7bd4

Ha, I had trouble sleeping for some reason and my mind started thinking of different things. This was one of them.

Would be brilliant if I'm proved right and I can say that I told you so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Would be brilliant if I'm proved right and I can say that I told you so!

I'll be the first to put you up on my shoulders and congratulate you.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement