Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellraiser movies

Options
  • 30-09-2011 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

are these movies anygood? Im a horror fan but ive never seen any of these, what order would you put them in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Just watch them chronologically.

I personally love em but different strokes and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Yes and there is 8 of them to watch so you're in for a hectic night:)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

The Screen Cinema are showing the first one tomorrow ...should be amazing!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

wow, I did not realise there was that many. Im sure I saw them all back in the VHS days. From what I rememebr they were ahead of their time.
    Be nice to catch that show in the screen tonight. Dont think I can make it though.

The Screen Cinema are showing the first one tomorrow ...should be amazing!!!

Yes, nothing better than watching a DVD projected onto a big screen. At teh very least I would expect them to have gotten one of the prints still in existence but alas that's not the case.
    wow, I did not realise there was that many. Im sure I saw them all back in the VHS days. From what I rememebr they were ahead of their time.
    Be nice to catch that show in the screen tonight. Dont think I can make it though.

New entry in the series out in the US this week. Reviews are very poor and considering that it was shot in 2 weeks so the rights could be held on to expectations should be low as they get. That said some of the practical effects is supposed to be quite good as are the kills and at 70 minutes I doubt it will out stay it's welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They change completely in style and tone from the fifth one onwards. The effects are better, acting of higher quality and generally, the films are much darker and morbid - more conventional horror, really. Though I haven't seen the last one out, never bothered, it looked quite poor. The first 4 are great but they're so cheesy it's unbelievable. Love them though. Especially hellraiser 3.

Advertisement