Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB trying to switch me over

Options
  • 30-09-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

A guy from ESB calls to the door. He wants me to switch over to ESB. That's about all I can gather, because the guy has broken English. I say I'm not interested, and close the door.

A few days later I get a call from Airtricity (my current supplier) asking me why I am switching away from them. I say I am not switching away from them. The guy is very surprised, slowly I convince him that I am not switching, there must be some mistake.

Fast forward 2 weeks, today I get a call from Airtricity. The woman asks me to confirm that I am staying with Airtricity, which I do.

I hope this is sorted now. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? Did the guy from ESB make up my signature? Where do I stand if I get a bill from ESB?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to talk to ESB

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

this sort of thing seems to happen a lot at the moment , and not just with ESB , but all suppliers ,

My dad was moved to BGE despite telling the guy he didn't want to leave.

the sales peop's are probably paid pittance and so are desperate to get sales (by any means necessary it seems) in order to get commission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi ray giraffe,

If you like, we could look into this for you. In order to so, we would require the MPRN of the address, and your name/address - this can be sent to me by private message here, should you wish for us to investigate.

All the best :)
    Una

Advertisement