Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 50mb broadband THOMSON TWG870 how to assign IP to MAC address?

Options
  • 30-09-2011 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi.
    I've recently upgraded my UPC broadband to 50mb, and i'm trying to set static DHCP. I want to assign IP's to MAC addresses of my home network and i can't find that option in router menu. I'm really confused.:confused:. that option is available in cheapest routers. Thx in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭swampgas

TDR! wrote: »
    hi.
    I've recently upgraded my UPC broadband to 50mb, and i'm trying to set static DHCP. I want to assign IP's to MAC addresses of my home network and i can't find that option in router menu. I'm really confused.:confused:. that option is available in cheapest routers. Thx in advance.

I did a bit of googling and it seems the 870 may not support DHCP reservations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TDR!

thx... my googling gave me same results. No static DHCP. UPC sux.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Does it allow you to turn DHCP off and assign it a fixed address. You could then assign a fixed IP address to each of your devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

You dont need to turn off DHCP so to set static IP address on your devices.

You really need to set the static ip address to be something outside the DHCP range though, as you could have a IP address clash

E.g

If the UPC modem has a DHCP range of 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.100, anything above 192.168.1.101 would be fine to assaing as static ip address, and as long as you dont statically assign more than one device to that IP address everythign will hunky dory

Advertisement