Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damon Hill.

Options
  • 30-09-2011 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

farewell%20to%20a%20champ.jpg

Comments

Looks like Hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Shazmo2011

Cheers lads, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Actually its not a photo to be pedantic. One of the more avrerage world champions I always thought he was a very nice guy with a father who seemed to neglect his family. Some of his tussles with Schumi were good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The pic in the OP was changed. :pac:

I'm a bit torn about Hill. Yeah he had the dominant car and all but to start as late as he did and still get himself to that point is pretty bloody admirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

Really? i think he hit the nail on the head there. average driver in a brilliant car just another Jack Villeneuve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

guyfo wrote: »
    Really? i think he hit the nail on the head there. average driver in a brilliant car just another Jack Villeneuve

I may be biased, but would tend to agree with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Ficus wrote: »
    Apart from your spelling, your statement angered me a whole lot.

Sorry about my spilling! I always liked Hill as a Person and he seemed to be very capable as head of developing Silverstone. Didnt mean to get at you in my post Ficus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,820 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ficus wrote: »
    To lead williams through the 1994 season and bring it down to the last race in a dog of a car and was against schumachers benetton which arguably had traction control was impressive to say the least.

I don't think it was a dog of a car by the last race of the season, but it was at the start of the season. Once the car was revised (the FW16B) it was better.

Advertisement