Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any conkers left?!

Options
  • 29-09-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

I realise the conker season is going on for the past few weeks and most trees have been cleaned out for school yards.

Just wondering if anyone could direct me to the last few conksers hiding in Limerick. My little guy desperately looking for a few....I'm on the north side but prepared to take a small drive if needed :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Take a stroll around UL and you'll definately find some.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Try along O'Callaghan Strand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lots of conkers in City Hall....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

try arthurs quay, the side facing the tourist office?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Go for a stroll from the Kids play area and park in Castleconnell, by the river. If you cross the footbridge and turn left, at the end of that avenue under the trees there's normally a lot of conkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Raheen Business park along the paths on the main entrance side.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Osk

Thanks a million for all the replies - off conker hunting tomorow I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

If you're prepared to drive a bit - Curragh Chase is the place to go for conkers - used to do it every September when the kids were young!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'm not too sure, but if I spot anywhere I'll let you know, or I'll even collect em for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There's loads of them in the grounds of St. John's Cathedral :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Loads to be had in edward street outside the old telecom eireann place ...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Osk

Thanks again. Started on O'Callaghan's Strand yesterday and the 2 little ones came home laden so didn't need to go further afield. If the rain ever stops, it's good to know where to replenish the stock.

Advertisement