Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Insurance refusal

Options
  • 29-09-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey all,

Need Advice, I rang an insurance company today and was refused a quote because my insurance is through a broker(same insurance company i rang). They say that they will not quote as they have an agreement with the broker not to quote in competition to the broker. Is this legal?? Am i the only one that sees this as wrong???

Any advice??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

reddog1357 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Need Advice, I rang an insurance company today and was refused a quote because my insurance is through a broker(same insurance company i rang). They say that they will not quote as they have an agreement with the broker not to quote in competition to the broker. Is this legal?? Am i the only one that sees this as wrong???

Any advice??

It's not illegal just probably the agreement they have in place to refuse a renewal quote directly to a current customer who has been placed via a Broker. I haven't seen this in years though.

However it is not against their rules to Quote New Business directly. Question is, after being told to go away, would you want to go back ?

Advertisement