Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Alfa Romeo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

If that picture is anything to go by it looks great:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Geez , that really looks the Mutts Nuts !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That's just an artists impression though...looks savage all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Looks fan-feckin-tastic alright! Will need a diesel V6/good diesel four cylinder though if it's to be sold here though. I just hope they make an effort with this car as in build it properly..

Even though it's an artists impression I reckon it will probably look vaguely similar especially at the front end. I think 169 would be a nice name for it too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Can't wait...especially the giulia estate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

It's music to my ears that they're axing the full size SUV in favour of this. They are simply too late to that market and there is no point at this stage, as any benefit it will bring will be at the sacrifice of the brand's heritage. They shouldn't do any SUV at all.

Really though, a replacement for the 166 has been talked about since 2007 at least and I'll believe it when I see it.
    In plans revealed to investors, Fiat says that it is determined for Alfa Romeo to become a global competitor in the ‘near premium’ market that is defined by Volkswagen and other makers such as Volvo.

That's nonsense.

Despite what people may think, Volkswagen are a run of the mill car manufacturer in the same mould as Toyota and Nissan.

VolvoMan wrote: »
    It's music to my ears that they're axing the full size SUV in favour of this. They are simply too late to that market and there is no point at this stage, as any benefit it will bring will be at the sacrifice of the brand's heritage. They shouldn't do any SUV at all.

Really though, a replacement for the 166 has been talked about since 2007 at least and I'll believe it when I see it.

That's nonsense.

Despite what people may think, Volkswagen are a run of the mill car manufacturer in the same mould as Toyota and Nissan.

It is too late for Alfa to try and enter the SUV market however don't forget that it was completely against Porsche's Heritage to build a SUV and the Cayenne has been relatively successful.

The softer interior plastics of many VW's do not make them 'premium' cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

166man wrote: »
    It is too late for Alfa to try and enter the SUV market however don't forget that it was completely against Porsche's Heritage to build a SUV and the Cayenne has been relatively successful.

Who's to say they didn't just get lucky? What worked for Porsche mightn't work for Alfa.

Up until recently Porsche were mainly a hedge fund company anyway. Now since they've nearly bankrupted themselves, they're going to become just another integrated member of the VW Group family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

What worked for Porsche won't work for Alfa, there's no way someone in this country would pay a premium for an Alfa SUV in it's first few years, would take a while to take of I'd imagine...

That said I've seen three more Amoraks on the road than I thought I'd see (bringing the total to three) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,885 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

166man wrote: »
    About bloody time too.

About bloody time? Alfa has been talking about a RWD saloon for years. Years!

And now they might have one in 2014? Seeing is believing. I'm not holding my breath :)

• Advertisement

I wasn't trying to imply that it would work for Alfa I don't think it would somehow , they need a new affordable sportscar too. I thought the 4C would be just that but it looks too expensive now.

A small, light, two seater RWD Alfa with one of the Multi-air engines that doesn't cost the earth would be ideal.

A SUV Alfa won't work, it's true, they are far too late to the market and a missed opportunity in my opinion.

unkel wrote: »
    About bloody time? Alfa has been talking about a RWD saloon for years. Years!

And now they might have one in 2014? Seeing is believing. I'm not holding my breath :)

Nothing like getting excited for a New Alfa though.. If they don't make this car sh1t is gonna go down over there!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,339 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The biggest seller here will be the 1.6 diesel....:pac:

FFS I knew someone would say that... :D Typical paddy spec 1.6 diesel...

Advertisement