Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice needed

Options
  • 29-09-2011 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

The storyline is:

11-08-11 After testdrive car I payed 500Edeposit from my card. Asked to fix 3 electric windows. There was only driver window working.I been told, that car will be full serviced, valleting done and the windows fixed.

18-08-11 Brought car. 1200E Laguna trade in. 8200E in cash. Total price 9900E. Garage gave 3 months warranty on engine and gearbox. At home I noticed, that 3 windows are now working, just the driver window is not. There was spare wheel repair set missing also.

19-08-11 morning came back to garage and asked Mark to fix the window and spare wheel issues. He told, he will organise new window swith and new set for spare wheel from Mazda centre.

24-08-11 I called Mark about the window and wheel. He told he got parts, its ok to come for fitting next day 10:00

25-08-11 10:00 im in garage. Mark told that he is expecting parts to be delivered in 1 hour, so it is ok to come for replacement later. I came back 1 hour later, and been told, that parts are not there yet, told to come back in 3 hours. After 3 hours same story, no window fixed or spare wheel set

01-09-11 I call Mark about the window and spare wheel set. he told to come at 12:00. I came at 12:00 he asked to come back at 15:00. at 15:00 same story no window fixed or spare wheel set.

08-09-11 i called Mark. The answer - no parts available.

18-09-11 The DPF + Engine malfunction light came on the dash board. Checked the oil level like 4-5 cm above the full level. 1 cm below X.

19-09-11 Call Mark abour the engine failure. He told bring the car to the garage next morning.

20-09-11 10:00 car in the garage. Mark tryed to connect his computer to Mazda with no luck. I told him, that the oil is like 4-5 cm above full mark. Mark told leave the car in the garage, he need to get another computer to see what is wrong. Got curtesy car BMW325.

22-09-11 I called Mark for information. He told, that he did like 45 min drive on Mazda to unblock DPF. The lights on dashboard came off, then came back again and he need to bring car to Mazda centre for DPF regeneration. I asked what the story with the oil? He told, that he will tell guyz to flush the oil immediately.

26-09-11 Me and my wife came back to garage. Mark told he needs to do DPF regeneration on the car. After asking, why he did'nt fixed in Mazda dealer garage, he told its too expensive. Then we asked to give our money back, cause garage don't fix the car. We been told, that he is expecting a guy come on 27th or 28th-09-11 with another computer, to run the regeneration cycle for DPF.
    27-09-11 I called Mark, responce- car will be fixed tommorow.
    28-09-11 I call Mark 12:20. He told car should be ready in 1 hour. I took BMW and went to collect Mazda, but... 13:30 been toold that Mazda is fixed, but not ready - Mazda needs oil filled. Mark told he is expecting oil filter to be deliverred. Then i raise a question, what cause the oil level to rise so high. I was concerned, that the diesel was getting in to the oil and there is possible engine damage. Mark assure me that there was no diesel getting in to the oil. He told the problem was, that the oil filter got blocked. He told, he need another 2 hours to deal with the car. 15:00 Mark call me back for the first time and told, that regeneration cycle didn't success.

29-09-11 I tryed to reach Mark 14:30 twice. No answer, phone dropped. 15:30 i manage to reach him, he told to call back i 1 hour. 16:30 Mark told that car is still under repair and possibly will be ready for collection tommorow afternoon. He told, that car need another 5 hours of labor to fix. I asked what is wrong with the car, the answer was -I don't know, im not technician...

Any advices?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Mazda 6 2.0TD by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,393 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My thoughts exactly. What worries me is how much of a fuss replacing a switch was. Imagine how much hassle itll be when the engine sh1ts itself as it inevitably will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

colm_mcm wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. What worries me is how much of a fuss replacing a switch was. Imagine how much hassle itll be when the engine sh1ts itself as it inevitably will.

Oil filter blocked dont sound good. Did the 2.0 old model have a DPF??

I was thinking it might be the new model but I doubt it giving the price paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Auriux1234

so basicaly the dealer is making a joke. he dont fix the car and don't want to give money back.
    Is there any legal action (solicitor, small claims court etc) to deal in that situation?

Has he fixed the windows yet?

• Advertisement

no,

He sounds an awful ass wipe unfortunately.
    Demand they are fixed within a week, be stern with the chap, tell him to have the parts in a week.

He keeps telling, im waiting for parts to be delivered for 7 weeks so far.
    He told, that he got parts 4 times. At the arival, he tells the parts not delivered yet. Was in his garage 4 times told he got parts....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,393 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Any dealer who sells a 6 diesel without even changing the oil is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

It's fooked - get your money back.

Earlier this year we had an 09 Mazda 6 2.0TD off the road for 6 weeks while Sandyford Mazda negotitated with Mazda Ireland to get a new engine. Engine was eventually replaced under warranty, but we still had to provide another car FOC for 6 weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement