Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about potential pension fund.

Options
  • 29-09-2011 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭

Folks,

A bit of a hypothetical question here I'm hoping you fellas can help answer.

As this is a hypothetical query I'm just looking for what I could "expect" to happen over the lifetime of paying into a pension. I'm not looking for best case scenario... or worse case either.

Here goes...

At age 25 I pay €120 per week into my pension pot.

I have a half decent employer who I stay with the full 40 years at retirement age of 65. They top my pension up by a normal/average amount per week.

What kind of pension could I expect to receive when I retire 40 years later at age 65 (if we take 65 as the retirement age).

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Just give the life company who your pension is with a call, they will be able to give you a estimated maturity value easy enough.

Advertisement