Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad 2 media streaming from win7

• 29-09-2011 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi I'm thinking of buying an ipad2 to stop fights over the pc! The main stumbling block is if I can watch all my downloaded tv shows and films on an ipad through file sharing with the PC, Win7, where I do my downloading. All my video is in xvid/divx and mkv. I already file share with an xbox 360 and am wondering is there something like this on the ipad 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

I use an app called air video, think there is a lite version to try out. This does it for me. Have the bit rate turned down as my network isn't great. Used to be able to access remotely from work, but something happened and just stopled working. If you have an iOS device, give it a try. I use it on iPhone and iPad, found it so good I parted with money for the full version.
    I'll also recommend player. There is also a lite version of this too. This will allow you to transfer avi and mkv files directly to the iPad, tho watch the resolution isn't too high on the mkv's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I jailbroke mine and installed XBMC exactly like an apple tv, could watch all my media from a network share.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I jailbroke mine and installed XBMC exactly like an apple tv, could watch all my media from a network share.

Plus while you wait you can use oplayer from the app store, the most reasoned update allows for smb sharing

Advertisement