Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading in a console...

Options
  • 29-09-2011 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey there, just wondering would i get much for trading in a ps2 wit 20 games? And where would be the best place to do it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

liam198 wrote: »
    Hey there, just wondering would i get much for trading in a ps2 wit 20 games? And where would be the best place to do it??

Adverts.ie i recommend

stay away from gamestop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Put it in the attic. It'll be fun to look back at it in 20 years.
    Not worth the 30euro or whatever you'd get for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Put it in the attic. It'll be fun to look back at it in 20 years. Not worth the 30euro or whatever you'd get for it

Agree, somewhat. I don't know whether a PS2 will ever go up in value, they are so common, that they'll never be considered rare, but how many of them will last the next twenty years? I have two wheezing out on me now. They're ten-thousand times more reliable than this generation of consoles, but still.

Anyways, CEX on Liffey Street, Game-Exchange on Talbot Street and 3D Games on Grafton St are the only boys in the big smoke that're still dealing
    heavily in PS2 titles, in the big smoke. You'll get the odd Gamestop doing them too, but you're going to be getting pence. Well, you will anyways,
    but somewhat reasonable pence.

I don't mean play it for the next 20 years :P but stick it in a black bag, or suitcase, take in down in 10 or 20 years time, show your kids :)

I know its not been too long, but I sometimes take down the old Atari2600 and give it a go...mind you it goes back up after 5 mins when I realise how crap it is compared to the games now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

liam198 wrote: »
    If you get anything more than 20 euro I'd be surprised. Ignore the glossy adds from Gamestop and Xtravision. They don't even offer decent cash/credit for modern consoles/games never mind last generation consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

SeantheMan wrote: »
    when I realise how crap it is compared to the games now

Take it back!

http://members.shaw.ca/jeffv/halo2600.html

Hahaha,

That is pretty good :D
    My memories are stained how with the likes of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

CEX are probably the only place that'll still take PS2 stuff. They'll give you about 25 for the console and under a euro per game.

See here:
    http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?catid=402&category_name=playstation2 consoles?mode=buy

On adverts you could get 30+ for the console and a fiver for some of the games if they'e popular ones (like MGS, FFX etc).

I'd put it on adverts for €50. Depending on the games you might get close to that, probably have to settle for 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

PS2 is already ugly as hell, your kids in 20 years time wont even want to look at it; most games stuck in 50hertz with boarders, ugly ass lack of anti-aliasing and the loading times were horrible most of the time, I also hate the way most games used the memorycard with menu after menu after menu. Just like the PS1 it will be quickly forgotten although I respected the PS1 because it was great for its time but the PS2 just didnt cut it here in the PAL regions.

I cant think of anywhere that will take it, maybe that shop off George street called RAGE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 liam198

And in the attic it goes!! I thought i might get more for it....ah well.Be something nice ta show of i suppose!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement