Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Interview with Northern Trust

Options
  • 28-09-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an interview tomorrow Here is the job Spec. Can someone please give me a greater explanation of the job spec. I want to go in knowing what the job is about. Clearly its accounts payable and will involve processing invoices and dealing with account queries.

I don't really understand fund expenses and processing fund accounts. Would these be staff expenses such as petrol,biz entertainment etc. Or am I way off. Dont know anything about Northern Trust and went on website to see what they do BBut im still not sure. Can someone explain to me what they do please?

Cheers. Here is job spec

This role is required to process fund expenses across a large number of funds.

PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES

§ Liaising with clients to arrange authorisation of fund invoices
    § Processing payment of authorised invoices on a timely basis
    § Arranging foreign exchange deals where necessary
    § Liaising with suppliers on invoice queries
    § Liaising with the Fund Accounting department on payment queries
    § Preparing VAT returns for Irish registered funds
    § Processing VAT payments and refunds
    § Calculation of month end fees
    § Payment of monthly and quarterly management fees
    § Filing and scanning of invoices on a regular basis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

yomamma wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't really understand fund expenses and processing fund accounts. Would these be staff expenses such as petrol,biz entertainment etc. Or am I way off. Dont know anything about Northern Trust and went on website to see what they do BBut im still not sure. Can someone explain to me what they do please?

Way off I'm afraid.

It is the processing of fees for funds. These fees would include admin fees, custody fees, trustee fees, legal fees etc etc etc

Good luck.

Advertisement