Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres 700x23

Options
  • 28-09-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey,

I've been cycling one year and the tyres on my Ridley EOS need to be changed, I don't know which tyres to replace them with.
    The current tyres are Vredestein Fortezza 700x23 Max PSI 160, I usually run them at 125psi. I was looking at Gatorskin Tyres max pressure 120PSI.

Will I notice much difference?
    Should I buy the Vredestein Fortezza for about 70euro on Ebay?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I use Hutchinson Equinox 700 x 23 and find them great. Not sure what PSI I run them at but its just for getting the miles in so its not that nb for me. Have done 3000 mls since begginning of May and no punctures. Got just over 5000ml on the rear one before it needed replacing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dunnangall

• Registered Users Posts: 24,971 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Not sure what PSI I run them
    :eek: - I check my PSI daily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I dont know why they rate the tyres for 160psi when every clincher rim has a limit of 125/130psi

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭torturedsoul

+1

Check your PSI Daily!! Also PSI 160! are you sure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 beckerick2l

Thanks for the replys.

I check the current tyres again and they are rated with a max of 11Bar (160psi).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Just because they are rated for that doesn't mean you should run them at that. Most people probably shouldn't go above 110, 120 if you are very heavy. In practice a tyre will take substantially over its rating anyway so whether it is rated for 115 or 160 is of no consequence, the higher number is just stuck on for marketing purposes as people think higher=better.

Advertisement