Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to research a scientific paper

Options
  • 28-09-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi, ive been assigned to research a scientific paper to do with genetic diseases. Would anyone be able to recommend a reliable website or source? My tutor who gave out the task recommended Scitable.com but i can't find any actual scientific papers.
    thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

scitable is a great starting point for getting to know your subject before you launch into finding papers. Read up on the basic facts on scitable before getting lost on pubmed or sciencedirect or so on.

So anyway, have a lash off pubmed (specifice for medical sort of stuff), sciencedirect (big database of science articles and journals), and google scholar (even broader so harder to find what you want).

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Thanks a million. Just home now so im going to start my search! cheers :)

couldn't recommend pubmed highly enough. Remember to use the limits and click 'reviews' and 'full free articles'. Nothing worse then reading a great abstract with everything you need, then not being able to access the article!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

I never did find out if it was allowed, but anyone doing a science degree can get you pretty much any paper you want from pubmed. The university libraries have almost limitless access to those papers for those students and if you for example log onto the ucd library website from home, you can still get the papers.

Advertisement