Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any sightings of Kronenbourg?

Options
  • 28-09-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

A friend told me it was now available again here but so far I havent found it or any mention of it returning anywhere on the net?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

tescos have it in bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

Out of curiosity, why are you looking after this beer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

LaBaguette wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why are you looking after this beer ?

Just cause I like it. I go to London a fair bit and tend to drink it over there. My wife even likes it and she is not really a beer drinker.

Dont think Tesco do it. Well not online anyway or in my local Balbriggan store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Reign_on_You

As far as I know Lidl stock this.

As far as I know Lidl stock this.
    No,they dont.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

It used to be brewed by Beamish & Crawford but unlike Fosters + Amstel Heineken discontinued brewing it so it can't be gotten here, maybe up north is the best bet!

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    It used to be brewed by Beamish & Crawford but unlike Fosters + Amstel Heineken discontinued brewing it so it can't be gotten here, maybe up north is the best bet!

Nick

Yeah, thats right. Must try in Newry

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

yoyo wrote: »
    It used to be brewed by Beamish & Crawford but unlike Fosters + Amstel Heineken discontinued brewing it
    Ownership of Kronenbourg went to Carlsberg in the break-up so Heineken wouldn't have been able to brew it. Amstel was always Heineken, since they bought it in 1968.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

Afaik the old Kro is brewed in France, not far from the actual town of Cronenbourg. Wikipedia seems to agree with me, so I wouldnt mind a link to prove me wrong :)

And tbh it's widely seen as the cheap lager you bring to a party. Or, more accurately, the most drinkable among the cheap lagers. I was a bit surprised because I'd never met anyone actively looking for this particular beer, as opposed to guys looking for a cheap 24 pack in the local supermarket.

Out of curiosity, how do you think it compares to Amstel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 atticus

Always have a case of this in the fridge on the summer holidays in France cos it's cheap, but much prefer the 1664 which is brewed by Kronenbourg as well, AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

A mention of Kronenbourg came up yesterday as I was standing in Redmond's in Ranelagh. A couple, a boy and a girl happened to be next to me discussing what they might purchase.

The lad was preaching about a lovely beer he had before, and suddenly exclaimed "Kronenbourg, that's the one. Lovely". The girl was staring at the shelf and then turned to him, "Awh come on, why can't we just get an ordinary one?".

Kronenbourg, whilst far from being out there in terms of what's on offer in Redmond's, and an average drink at that, I was a somewhat surprised she threw that line out. I suppose it's just how the market is dictated with the usual mundane taps of Carlsberg, Heineken etc strewn across the bar. She really had no interest at all in even trying anything in a huge variety of choice on the shelf. It seems that many people are just conditioned through habit on what they see in most pubs etc.

I just found it really odd. I have no qualms quaffing the ordinary drinks she mentioned for the most part, but given a choice in such an establishment an ordinary drink to me would be a pretty nice tasting one on offer.

Then the guy started talking about Duff beer..."from the Simpsons"..:pac:

Sorry that this post isn't really on the topic of Kronenbourg but wasn't sure where to put it or where to really find the appropriate subject.

Advertisement