Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tempory denture

Options
  • 28-09-2011 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

I am going to need to get an implant in my front tooth - but i will have to wear a tempory denture (plastic i think ) for 6 months.

the thing is, i had to wear one of these before , 10 years ago, andi just could not get used to it. made me talk with a lisp - and just not comfortable at all at all. tried everything with it - and no good. is this common? has there been any change in the past 10 years? or was there something wrong with my denture? dreadin the taut of having to go through that again.

please let me know if you are wearing a denture without any problems - front tooth - and it may give me courage to get this done as soon as possible.

PS: SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING OF TEMPORARY, BUT I CANT CHANGE IT NOW!!!
    thanks,
    Jo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

You can weaqr a temporary denture or an essix type temporary(a thin gumshield with a fake tooth in it) or a temporary bonded bridge.

If you are looking at a 6 month healing period- I would go with the temp bonded bridge as a temp denture will be made to be cheap and fairly bad fit...

OS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

You can wear a temporary denture or an essix type temporary(a thin gumshield with a fake tooth in it) or a temporary bonded bridge.

If you are looking at a 6 month healing period- I would go with the temp bonded bridge as a temp denture will be made to be cheap and fairly bad fit...

OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭jocotty

You can weaqr a temporary denture or an essix type temporary(a thin gumshield with a fake tooth in it) or a temporary bonded bridge.

OS

thanks . But whats a temp bonded bridge, and how much would it cost? as its only goin to be for 6 months, dont want to be spending that much on it . the implant is expensive enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

A temporary Resin Bonded Bridge is a nice option below are two picture of on placed the day the implant was put in. The cost will vary depending on each dentist. I personally like them as temporaries and because they make life easier I charge less than a temporary denture.

Advertisement