Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adler's Appetite Recording New Material, Major Deal

Options
  • 28-09-2011 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure whether to feel sorry for Steven or be genuinely happy for him. Having met the man I can tell you he is a real nice guy and does actually invoke this sense of caring from you like few musicians can. A lot of guys you want to make fun of, or say it's their own fault, but with Steven you find yourself wishing he will succeed. Anyway, for those who don't know, Patrick Stone is the new AA vocalist.

On the other hand, in this day and age, you find it hard to think with all the great aspiring musicians we may never hear of that a guy who once drummed in Guns N' Roses is still having money invested into him.

From the article....
    The band spent yesterday (Monday, September 26) laying down what will likely turn out to be its new single. Adler tweeted at the end of the session, "What an amazing day. We finished our first song today. I'm soooo thrilled we [are] headed in the right direction."

They're also saying the band have signed a major deal with a company they cannot name.

adlers2011.jpg

What do you think about this band, do you give them any time, or are you genuinely interested to see where it goes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

The danger for Adlers Appetite (and for any GNR spin off) is in the strength of their own material. If it's good - they have the PR advantage of the GNR connection on their side, if it's weak - they have the PR disadvantage of the GNR connection. People will treat them as another GNR tribute and go to see them (in lowish numbers) just to hear the "hits".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

lets hope he stays on the straight and narrow, having read his book i fear that it is unlikely...

best of luck to him anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Having only posted this yesterday, I am now completely suprised myself to be posting the news that Adler's Appetite is coming to an end - at least in it's current form.

First off, Chip has left the band after six years
    Second, Adler is working on a new band with Michael Thomas (Adler's Appetite guitarist)
    Third, the new band's name will be announced later in the year, but Adler's Appetite will still commit to their current tourdates under the AA name

I have to say, this is a rather bizzare turnaround from just earlier this week when Steven had recorded a new song - it now seems a completely new band is being born and the AA name is being dropped - it now turns out it was this new band who recorded the single earlier this week
    "Our first single has one of the hottest new singers in the game right now on vocals. Hint: his band's initials are just like mine — AA. [Presumably referring to ASKING ALEXANDRIA. — Ed.]

"ADLER'S APPETITE will continue to perform together on select dates, but my new project will have a new name [to be announced] in the next month."

Adler's new band entered NRG Recording in North Hollywood, California earlier this week to begin recording its first material. The group spent Monday (September 26) laying down what will likely turn out to be its new single. Adler tweeted at the end of the session, "What an amazing day. We finished our first song today. I'm soooo thrilled we [are] headed in the right direction."

Advertisement