Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iomega screenplay dx hd 1tb 141 euro free post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

We have one of those in our house. It is nice but has a few shortfalls. One being the remote is terrible to use. I think they really cheaped out on it. Sometimes takes a few pushes of a button to register with the system!

had a few problems with the initial boot too. Was ok after an update though.

Lack of custom firmware for this too is kinda annoying, would love to have xbmc or something on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Price is standard enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

As this has DLNA Certified Media Server, does that mean I can set it up and stream to my laptop/phone without the need for a network ?
    Or would it still need a wired/wireless connection to share ?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

I was looking at getting this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Limericks wrote: »
    We have one of those in our house. It is nice but has a few shortfalls. One being the remote is terrible to use. I think they really cheaped out on it. Sometimes takes a few pushes of a button to register with the system!

had a few problems with the initial boot too. Was ok after an update though.

Lack of custom firmware for this too is kinda annoying, would love to have xbmc or something on it.

Tell me, please does the web browser supports flash ? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Great find OP! Thanks.:)

Freddie59 wrote: »
    stg£157.

Amazon and there crazy algorithms, it was about 115 sterling a few hours ago.

rai555 wrote: »
    Tell me, please does the web browser supports flash ? Thanks

Yes it will support flash, but not everything, you will be able to play youtube and other video sites but dont expect games and such.

Amazon and there crazy algorithms, it was about 115 sterling a few hours ago.

I saw that. Nuts.:rolleyes: The only 118 price now is with free delivery to the UK.

• Advertisement

Can get it for £119.98 if you order from amazon, for some reason they are showing a more expensive vendor which is odd as they usually show the cheapest. Just click the '23 new'.

Also if that was the one you were saying is free delivery to the UK, it's free to Ireland aswell. I buy stuff from amazon regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Can get it for £119.98 if you order from amazon, for some reason they are showing a more expensive vendor which is odd as they usually show the cheapest. Just click the '23 new'.

Also if that was the one you were saying is free delivery to the UK, it's free to Ireland aswell. I buy stuff from amazon regularly.

I put that into my basket and it said it usually ships in 1 to 2 months!

Does these boot up fast?

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    I put that into my basket and it said it usually ships in 1 to 2 months!

Does these boot up fast?

I never timed it but for a full boot i would say it takes about 2 minutes, there is a standby mode on them though whereby you can boot in about 20 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard hooked up to it now so text input is easy. Just plugged the Bluetooth dongle the mouse and keyboard came with. Its a Microsoft set. The unit is working great. Can send video to my eee pad transformer, desire HD, laptop, etc. And it pulls video music and pics off all three. Streaming 3 different movies to 3 different devices at the same time normal quality not HD. HD streams fine over the network wifi bg. As long as nothing else is running on my network. Thinking about upgrading my wifi router to wifi n

ianblyth wrote: »
    I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard hooked up to it now so text input is easy. Just plugged the Bluetooth dongle the mouse and keyboard came with. Its a Microsoft set. The unit is working great. Can send video to my eee pad transformer, desire HD, laptop, etc. And it pulls video music and pics off all three. Streaming 3 different movies to 3 different devices at the same time normal quality not HD. HD streams fine over the network wifi bg. As long as nothing else is running on my network. Thinking about upgrading my wifi router to wifi n

Brilliant! I'm gonna order one!:D

can somebody who has iomega creenplay dx check for me, would it load 1 particular website? would be greatly appreciated :p

What's the website

i'll pm if ok, it is TV online and needs flash support

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HEXIOUS

ianblyth wrote: »
    Just received one of these from dabs.ie. 141 free post 2 day delivery to Galway. Its cheaper by over 40 euro than anywhere else. Includes wifi dongle HDMI USB cables etc.

http://www.dabs.ie/products/iomega-1tb-screenplay-dx-digital-av-player-usb-2-0-79Z7.html?q=screenplay

I'm loading my video library right now.

would not bother with dabs.ie, they are bad.ie. they don't reply to email and delivery service is poor

If you put your order together, you need to pray that you get all your goods my last order took 20 days from dispatch to delivery, 25 days total, never again. friends of mine have had parts missing and still have not got credit cos it is under investigation.

many other companies do a far better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Nabbed one on Amazon for 120 inc shipping. Can't wait to see what it's like!

• Advertisement

You'll be pleased! Our niece's husband had one a few weeks ago and I got a chance to play with it. Great little device. Simple to use and a very simple, pleasing UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Ive seen iOmega HD player 1TB yesterday in Peats in Whitewater SC Newbridge. It was marked 129.99 euro. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Link?

degsie wrote: »
    Link?
    This was last Tuesday. Its OOS now

Edit, in stock now at £160

• Registered Users Posts: 19 conor2me

does it have a flash player?, will it play megavideo, gorrillavid videos etc on its browser

conor2me wrote: »
    does it have a flash player?, will it play megavideo, gorrillavid videos etc on its browser
    Has full web browser with Flash apparently! Should be ok. Will post a proper review when I get my one this week.

Has full web browser with Flash apparently! Should be ok. Will post a proper review when I get my one this week.

Your job will be greatly appreciated

Only video sites are dailymotion and YouTube are supported at the moment. Hopefully more will be made available soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

annie.t wrote: »
    Ive seen iOmega HD player 1TB yesterday in Peats in Whitewater SC Newbridge. It was marked 129.99 euro. Not bad.

shows as 179 on their website

Even with a 25% discount code I have for the Iomega site the DABS price is still €10 cheaper - good deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

can any of these things record live TV? say from upc box.

Advertisement