Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tyres

Options
  • 27-09-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭

time to get some new tyres

just got a price of 270 for a set of bridgestone battlax bt016 and approx 20 for labour to remove whells & fit and balance etc

thoughts?...want a fairly sticky road use tyre that will last around the 3000/4000km mark (not to soft basically)

had a set of pirelli diablo corsas (IIs I think) before and gound them good and surprisingly hard wearing

I know its a personal thing but anyone swear by any other brands etc - any good deals doing the rounds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

What bike?

What do you use the bike for - commute, Sunday spins, touring?

What do you want from the tyres - long lasting, good grip, sticky, good in the wet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭amacca

P.C. wrote: »
    What bike?

ducati 999s

What do you use the bike for - commute, Sunday spins, touring?

suppose sunday spins covers it....although it gets out most fine days when I have the free time whether its Sunday or not - approx 3,000-4,000 km a year...pleasure riding

What do you want from the tyres - long lasting, good grip, sticky, good in the wet?

good grip, reasonably sticky but not so ridiculously soft ill have a flat spot in them in no time or they will be useless after about 500km

would like them to be acceptable in the wet ..... its impossible to not get caught out occasionally so don't want to be nervous on them under normal riding (being cautious)

so what say you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Pirelli Diablo Rosso. Fast warm up times, good wet and dry grip, reasonable life(4-5k). Hear nothing but good things about them. Have one on my rear, but with only 76bhp I can only tell you it definitely has good wet grip and my boots need to be replaced from scraping off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LagunaSeca

For longevity I can recommend Continental on the front and Bridgestone on the rear... ;)

Bought a Bros 2 years ago with that config. already on and just replaced them after 22000 kms!!

Cotters have very good prices for tyres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Michelin Pilot Power Pure, Dunlop Sportmax Sportsmart or Bridgestone BT016. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Bridgestone BT016. :)

I had a set on the bike just after I bought it. I barely got 4K out of them and found the wet performance **** in comparison to any of my other tires. That includes some sports touring tires I've used(angel St's).

I had a set on the bike just after I bought it. I barely got 4K out of them and found the wet performance **** in comparison to any of my other tires. That includes some sports touring tires I've used(angel St's).

Admittedly, they'd be more for dry weather riding. Great grip in the dry. Iffy in the wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭amacca

went for bt 014s in the end.....dead happy so far got caught out in the wet once and they felt fine

suspect they will be harder wearing than the Pirellis....+ had forgotten/gotten used to how slithery the pirellis were near the end..it was like riding on chewing gum...the bridgestones are confidence inspiring so far...........hopefully not overconfidence inspiring

amacca wrote: »
    went for bt 014s in the end.....dead happy so far got caught out in the wet once and they felt fine

suspect they will be harder wearing than the Pirellis....+ had forgotten/gotten used to how slithery the pirellis were near the end..it was like riding on chewing gum...the bridgestones are confidence inspiring so far...........hopefully not overconfidence inspiring

BT014's are great tyres. Very grippy. I was getting 1500 miles out of a set when I was using them. Best of luck with it man.

Advertisement