Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hyundai tucson

• 27-09-2011 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Hi,considering buying a hyundai tucson 2005. its 4wd and was woundering if it would be hard on fuel and tyres as you cannot switch between 2 & 4. anybody got any info on these jeeps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,506 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It rarely uses the back wheels. The 6 speed is more efficient and way more powerful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Well is it petrol or diesel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

the brother has a diesel one and its only 2wd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,506 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Some are 4wd, most aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I have an 05 2wd Tucson. Heavy on diesel which does approx 650kms on a full tank (€70ish). Bulletproof otherwise with 180K kms without issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fiestaman

166man wrote: »
    Well is it petrol or diesel?

1.9 diesel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fiestaman

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It rarely uses the back wheels. The 6 speed is more efficient and way more powerful.

how do you mean rarely uses back wheels,is it set in a way that the diff only cuts in if needed if you were on slippy mucky hilly ground. Alot of people say they are not troublesome but i know very little about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I've heard awful bad stories about the diesel (I'm assuming it's the same engine as the Trajet). Two Hyundai dealers warned me off it and I came across two, one was burning oil and one was generally fubbered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

fiestaman wrote: »
    how do you mean rarely uses back wheels,is it set in a way that the diff only cuts in if needed if you were on slippy mucky hilly ground. Alot of people say they are not troublesome but i know very little about them.

I think that's exactly how it works.

Same idea as the CX7. Only kicks into 4WD when you're losing traction.

Advertisement