Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial arts classes Dublin

Options
  • 27-09-2011 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi I'm looking for classes in Dublin south or city centre. Preferably in something like Kung Fu or taekwondo. I'm a beginner. As cheap as possible. Thanks for your help!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Neither TKD or Kung Fu are Karate they are separate striking arts.

Where exactly are you based? there are so many clubs in Dublin south that do Karate TKD or Kung Fu that someone can reccomend a class very near you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 warrenmmw

Sorry meant to put karate, taekwondo or kung fu. I'm based in Dublin 8.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

warrenmmw wrote: »
    Sorry meant to put karate, taekwondo or kung fu. I'm based in Dublin 8.
    I don't suppose you are in college. If you want a cheap MA college clubs are the best way to go. If not I'm sure someone will post something local for you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TK422

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 goran pavlovic

I am setting up a small class to practice and teach internal kung fu fundamentals, chi kung and Taoist meditation.

Classes will be held once a week in one of two locations in Leeson st. or Pembrook rd. Classes will start at 8 pm and finish at 10 pm. The number of places in the group is limited to 8 by the practice room size.
    Price is 15 euro per class.

I will teach:

Internal kung fu fundamental standing and moving practices, used for development of whole body power, gripping and pinching power, cavity pressing power, low kicking power, no distance striking power, stability, speed, sensitivity, responsiveness.

Chi kung exercises for:
    1. Opening of the joints (opening energy gates)
    2. Strengthening tendons and ligaments (exchange of tendons)
    3. Energy gathering set
    4. Energy opening set
    5. Energy closing and storing set
    6. 8 pieces of brocade healing set
    7. 6 healing sounds set

Sitting, standing and walking Taoist meditation.
    From the martial point of view, I will teach clearing and expanding of the mind in order to increase the awareness and responsiveness.

If you are interested, please send an email to goranpavlovic@eircom.net or call 0879968225

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

Sifu Yang Dong teaches Shaolin Kung Fu.
    http://www.shaolinkungfuacademy.net

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Michael O Leary

warrenmmw wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking for classes in Dublin south or city centre. Preferably in something like Kung Fu or taekwondo. I'm a beginner. As cheap as possible. Thanks for your help!

Wing Tsun Kung Fu in Dublin City Centre - www.wingtsunireland.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Check the sticky thread for all the clubs available; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055594734

Paul Moran YMMA teaches Kung Fu in south Dublin and has a very good reputation for what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Conor2010

Wild Geese Martial Arts is located just off Pearse Street in Dublin 2 and offer a wide range of martial arts..
    http://www.wildgeesema.com/

Advertisement