Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a cheap Quad bike?

Options
  • 27-09-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hey, I'm looking for a cheap quad just really to be used for messing around in the snow and using on private lanes. I'm 16 so I don't need something big, but since I've no experience with quads I don't know what to go for :confused: . 50cc OK? 110cc? I imagine it'll be second hand so any suggestions as to where and what I should buy?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

Don't go cheap, spend the money on a Honda or a Yamaha, the cheap Chinese ones will just give give you too much trouble. Trust me i have bought a chinese quad and it was a heap of scrap. I bought a Yamaha beartracker now and i'll never go back...

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hiluxman

it kinda depends how much you want to spend, ive owned both, the chinese one i payed 250 quid for and a 300cc suzuki which cost 2 grand.
    They both have their merits, the chinese one has taken massive abuse and has fallen apart several times, the frame has cracked, the gearbox has blown up, both front wheels have broken off and has been submerged in water until the cylinder and it still runs, the suzuki is solid as a rock, always starts and never gets stuck,
    The point being the chinese one is much more fun because you can abuse it because it was cheap, if it breaks, it breaks, i fix it and abuse it some more. I dont like driving the crap out the suzuki cause it cost a fortune, if i break something on it, it costs a fortune to fix.
    One other thing to consider is the chinese quad parts are almost non existant and but if you are handy with the spanners and dont mind doing a bit of bodging here and there a chinese quad might suit you
    I also ment to say, for a 16 year old dont buy anything less than a 150cc

Advertisement