Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly Beginner Question about editing website

Options
  • 27-09-2011 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I know this is such a stupid rookie question, i want to upload new photos, information etc onto my website but havent first clue how to, it was built with website x5, the person who did it for me is no longer available so have to do it myself:mad: if i map the website to a drive can i just add images and stuff by putting them in the mapped drive? any help appreciated..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

First important question would be - do you still have the FTP details for the server your website is hosted on? That's the first thing you'd likely want if you're going to update the website itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

NotBothered, where are you hosted? You could address your questions to your web-host, they could be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Could be hosted on One.com (bundled with x5). If you tell us the domain we can tell you where it's hosted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NotBothered

as far as i can make out from webhost bit of a support page, it uses webdav not ftp if that makes sense... its a scoilnet website if that any help

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brenoneill1

>if i map the website to a drive can i just add images and stuff by putting >them in the mapped drive?

No. You will have to create a new web page or edit an existing one, add the photos and text that you want to include, and post it up to the site hosts server, usually via FTP. Some sites use a content management system, which allows you to add or edit content using your web browser - you will have to ascertain whether yours is one of these.

Regards,

Brendan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

NotBothered, do you mean it's http://www.scoilnet.ie/ that you are trying to update?

thanks brendan,
    vmotion no its a schools website

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brenoneill1

If this is a school site developed through scoilnet, check this out:

http://www.scoilnet.ie/yourQuestions_WebhostingBlogging.shtm

Cheers,

Brendan

Thanks all for the help got sorted... much appreciated...

Advertisement