Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

child neglect

Options
  • 27-09-2011 12:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

does the effects of neglect on a child differ from which parent who was responsible for the neglect? for instance, would children who were neglected by their mothers show similar traits to other children who were neglected by their mothers as opposed to children who were neglected by their fathers?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Zombiekyd

Boy or Girl. The mother and father plays an important role models in child's life.

I have no proof to back this up. But I believe if the father neglected their child, it would a certain impact on their relationship with any male they encounter in their life and vice versa.

Since I grew closer toward my mother during my childhood. I have a better understanding of women. Unfortunately, My father was very ill during my childhood and wasn't very active while I was growing up. As a result I have slight difficulty understanding how men think.

If anyone's interested. I recommend reading Tony Humphrey's 'A different Kind of Teacher'. It very easy to comprehend and gave me a great insight into child psychology.

Advertisement