Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assigning Lines to Views in Solidworks

Options
  • 27-09-2011 12:05pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering does anyone know how to assign a copy and pasted line and box to a view on Solidworks.

I have to show where a specific nozzle is on my drawings, there could be up to 7 nozzles. I use a note in a box with an arrow to show were the nozzle is. To keep everything looking ok I copy and paste the box and arrow and then just change the note as needs be.

My problem is though if I have to move the view the box and arrow stay where they are.

Does anyone know how to assign the box and arrow to a specific view?

I know how to do it if I create the box and arrow each time but that would be very time consuming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Could you create the note as an annotation in the model itself (rather than in the drawing) and show/hide this in the drawing view as necessary? Haven't tried this myself but might be worth considering.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Good idea.

I've created the annotation as a block which I can assign to views.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement