Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim City Deluxe - iPad, anyone got it?

Options
  • 27-09-2011 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

So I downoaded Sim City Deluxe last weekend for the iPad. It's basically a port of Sim City 2000 from the 90's with some tweaks and modifications. It's almost everything I remember but there does seem to be one feature missing. On the PC you used to be able to alter the geography of your city to include hills, or make it flat or add rivers etc. If anyone else out there is playing on iPad can they let me know if this feature is available on iPad.

Don't mind if it isn't because it's still a brilliant game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭talla

Have it myself, only option to alter terrain appears to be in the game setup and not when you've actually started building your city. Another thing that I couldn't get to work was the seaports, would just stay as a flat tile and not evolve into a building.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I got the seaports working alright :) If I recall correctly from the original Sim City 2000 (and this may NOT be the same), to get sea ports and airports to work you had to zone a certain number of tiles for the sea port/airport before it would 'activate'. It may be the same here, not sure.

The other feature that seems to be missing is the 'connect to neighbouring cities' using the roads network, or maybe that still works but only at the stage when you get highways (I haven't gotten that far yet).

In the old SimCity 2000 I always had shedloads of money but I find myself struggling in this version, although I think I cracked my city last night as my budget seems to be okay now.

Advertisement