Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October Beers - Saturday 15th @ The Ship & Shovell, Charing Cross

Options
  • 27-09-2011 6:57am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, it's about that time again...the next beers are going to be on Saturday October 15th (well, unless nobody can make it that day).

I've not made my mind up on where we'll go yet, though I'm tempted to say the Ship & Shovell again because it's central and equally easy/awkward for everyone to get to. I'm open to suggestions though.

So who's in?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I could go? I live in SW2 but I can go anywhere reasonably central. How many usually show up?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I could go? I live in SW2 but I can go anywhere reasonably central. How many usually show up?

We've had around a dozen or so the last couple of times and there's always at least a half-dozen or so of us.

If we go to the Ship & Shovell again I demandsuggest that we go for mexican grub beforehand again :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Yes, going for food beforehand was a great idea, loved the burrito :)

what part of town is that in?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The Ship & Shovell is near Charing Cross. Check the link for the full address and nearest transport links. It's a great little pub and fast becoming the default London Beers pub :)

• Advertisement

Oh ok. Boy it sure is hot outside huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Can I come? :D

I'm been sent to London to work indefinitely in Mayfair but not sure where I will be living just yet, will know this week and will be moving at the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Wouldn't you know it, I'm heading to see the Tidy Boys on the 15th!!! It's not on until late so if we are in town before hand I will call in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I should be able to make this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bill_lehane

I'm off to Lisbon on business 13-16 but will try to make the next one!

• Advertisement

Don't forget, folks, it's this Saturday. We'll meet around 6:30 for mexican grub at the Charing Cross Benito's Hat for food, then head to the Ship & Shovell for between 7:30 and 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Back from holidays (boo) but looking forward to the beers (yay!). This is probably going to be my last one cos - *deep breath* - I'm moving back to Dublin in two weeks for a shiny new job. So basically I'm going to be nostalgic and possibly slightly stressed and therefore in perfect condition to drink copious amounts of alcohol. YAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I want a bottle of vodka. Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I want a bottle of vodka. Now.

One of those days, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I'm looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday.

Just for clarification is this map accurate as to where A (Benito's Hat) and B (Ship & Shovell) are in comparison to Charing Cross?

Yeah, as far as I know that map's accurate. I'll PM you my mobile number in case you have any trouble finding us :)

One of those days, eh?

So much so that I'm not sure whether it's the vodka or just the glass bottle I want more...

So much so that I'm not sure whether it's the vodka or just the glass bottle I want more...

Smashing things is quite liberating alright.... :)

I completely forgot about this..... The jubilee line is down on Saturday so I will have to look into how I will get there or anywhere infact :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

The Jubilee is only suspended between West Hampstead and Stanmore. I'll probably just get the bus instead. Where are you staying Misticles?

Bakerloo line for the win :D

• Advertisement

The Jubilee is only suspended between West Hampstead and Stanmore. I'll probably just get the bus instead. Where are you staying Misticles?

I'm stayin at canary wharf!
    I have no clue about buses whatsoever!

So do I get the jubilee to waterloo then get the bakerloo to charing cross?

Misticles wrote: »
    I'm stayin at canary wharf!
    I have no clue about buses whatsoever!

So do I get the jubilee to waterloo then get the bakerloo to charing cross?

Bingo, you can take the Northern too if the platform is nearer at Waterloo. Looking forward to meeting you :)

Bingo, you can take the Northern too if the platform is nearer at Waterloo. Looking forward to meeting you :)

woo :)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

My bf may come along... he's a non boardsie ha!

Boo, I can't make it. I'M SICK. :( Have fun; make stories; pester people; eat good burritos...

Dunno if I'll make it :/ just got the big bus tour ticket and it includes a river cruise but only have 24 hours to use it..

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Not going to make it tonight guys. Still up for the quiz Monday though, and may bring Ms. Exiled along too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

see yaz tonight who evers going. what time are ye aiming for? does any one fancy calling to somewhere theres abit of music after, i thaught the shp and the shovell was abit quiet last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

hey, I gotta meet some peeps for dinner first, but Ill pop along later at around 9ish for drinks, see ye later !

Right, we're on our way to the ship and shovell now. Mmmm, mexican grub.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

So... Which of you girls wants to be my mermaid?! :D

Advertisement