Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking 365 fraud?

Options
  • 27-09-2011 4:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

There is a new beneficiary set up and active in my online 365 account. Its for €999 on the 10th every 12 months!

What can I do? Does this mean somebody has all my log-in information and home address?

They would still need the activation number for the new beneficiary too, how the hell did they get that!

Please help :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to 365 or you branch ASAP.

Might it be a direct debit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Daz_07

jme2010 wrote: »
    There is a new beneficiary set up and active in my online 365 account. Its for €999 on the 10th every 12 months!

What can I do? Does this mean somebody has all my log-in information and home address?

They would still need the activation number for the new beneficiary too, how the hell did they get that!

Please help :(

If they had your log in pin they can easily set up a beneficiary by registering a phone number and getting the access code texted to it...
    Id get on to BOI 365 urgently and get them to put a block on that particular account number so nothing can be set up for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Daz_07 wrote: »
    If they had your log in pin they can easily set up a beneficiary by registering a phone number and getting the access code texted to it...
    You still need a postal activation code to set up the phone service, so someone would have to be intercepting his mail.

First thing I would do is contact B365 and have the SO cancelled and the account locked for the moment.

If someone has registered their mobile, then you can see this in B365.

But it's also possible that someone is intercepting their mail. Surprisingly common in apartment blocks where there's a communal mail area.

Advertisement