Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Coal Chamber are getting back together...

Options
  • 27-09-2011 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=163769

Time to break out the aul rose-tints for yet another nu-metal money grab.

"If you're not from Australia, better get a ticket now to come see this event!"

I'll remember this band primarily for solidifying the nu-metal 'image' and Dez Fafara fawning over Phil Anselmo, who then taught him how to be a 'man' I'd imagine.

Well, that's not entirely true. We all primarily loved their bassists.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

viadah wrote: »

Well, that's not entirely true. We all primarily loved their bassists.

didn't she marry Morgan Rose - the drummer from Sevendust?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Yes, which made me love her a little less. But also hopeful. If she could marry a drummer, furthermore a drummer in a band like Sevendust...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Their time and their sound has passed. Why doesn't he stick with DevilDriver. They're credible at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Is this just a case of they seen Limp Bizkit and Staind appear again and they've said **** it lets jump on the bandwagon?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Is this just a case of they seen Limp Bizkit and Staind appear again and they've said **** it lets jump on the bandwagon?
    Looks like it alright :D

• Advertisement

CASH MONEY!!!

Fafara said last week he'd be open to the idea of a few reunion gigs - fully in the knowledge they were already booked - not necessarily a new album, but sure as horrible as it may sound to some, a Coal Chamber album will probably put more cash in the bank than a Devildriver release for him, and more than social welfare does for the others I'm guessing.

Now all we need is a Korn reunion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

viadah wrote: »
    CASH MONEY!!!

Fafara said last week he'd be open to the idea of a few reunion gigs - fully in the knowledge they were already booked - not necessarily a new album, but sure as horrible as it may sound to some, a Coal Chamber album will probably put more cash in the bank than a Devildriver release for him, and more than social welfare does for the others I'm guessing.

Now all we need is a Korn reunion.

Korn reunion? i thought they were still goin?

Yeah but they've got 2 ex-band members that they can always bank on and it's better to think they're not still at it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I wouldn't mind seeing KoRn Chamber live, myself! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm not surprised they're getting back together. I met Dez last November when he was touring the UK with Devildriver and he was a very approachable chap, down to earth and nice guy, although I did find his Black Flag T Shirt a little cliché.

Anyway, he told me at that time that he felt CC would get back together sooner rather than later to do something and he'd been open to reunion gigs, and the members who had betrayed him in the past had apologised and he had moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

The problem with Coal Chamber then (and presumably now too) was that they were sh1te. I really wanted to dig them, I really did. Wound up with their first two records, and only like a handful of tracks between them. And even some of those track, I was twisting my own arm to like. The world doesn't really need them to do a reunion tour... Does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Coal Chamber?!

scuse the ignorance but they'll always remain a bunch of fat sweaty bald men with shovels in my mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Just found that interview I did reprinted online, check out link here

http://www.dailymusicguide.com/Interviews/devildriver-coal-chamber-ozzfest-sharon-osbourne-22112010-1416.aspx

The quote about Coal Chamber was
    So looking at Coal Chamber, your previous band of course, you were once quoted in an interview as saying a return to Coal Chamber would be like "repeating the fourth grade" – do you still feel that way, will something ever present itself in terms of a reunion?
    Em, you know, going backwards is a hard thing. Would it be a step forward? Don't know. Is it still enviable, real, to the point where people would come out? Don't know. Me personally, I'm friends with them again, which is a great thing. They are all off drugs.

I quit Coal Chamber because they were all on meth and amphetamines. And when I say on meth, I mean days and days up and just going insane, and when I looked at the idea of generating income to support my friends and family killing themselves I couldn't live with that. It was horrible. And I thought, maybe if I put a stop to it they would live, and I put a stop to it and they're alive now because I put a stop to it. And they're sober. And that's a wonderful thing! Will it ever happen again?

I don't want to say never, but I don't see it right now, at any time. For me it's just great to be friends with them right now, Miguel came out to our last show in LA. And previous to that actually came out to my wife and children and apologised for the way he had acted in Coal Chamber and it was such a pleasure, to see that kind of humility in him. But that's that, what I did with Coal Chamber is what I did, and what I do with Devildriver is what I do.

So in terms of what you did in Coal Chamber, being a Nu Metal band, what do you think looking back on that genre?

Well eventually being in a Nu Metal band you're going to get a label. If you're on there for 10 years and you get a label, if it works it works, there are labels put on it so it just helps explain to people what we represented in a time or place. I think what we were in Coal Chamber were a young, ambitious, breed and doing something different.

Eventually we got lumped in with Korn, who we sounded nothing like, and had nothing in common with – except maybe a down tuned sound – and that sound didn't even come from Korn, it came from LA, where Korn weren't even from! It came from Fear Factory. Not Korn. Korn got that with Fear Factory. Who I'm great friends with as well, I have a lot of respect for those guys. It was a great time and a great genre and when I look back I see a lot of great bands like System Of A Down. Where are they? I wish they would come back out with something.

But so many killer bands came out of that time period it's just interesting to see who is still around and who is doing what.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

It truly is the end of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

LH Pathe wrote: »
    they'll always remain a bunch of fat sweaty bald men with shovels in my mind..
    :confused: Really? You think these two people are "fat sweaty bald men"?

Rayna_Foss.jpg

nadja_peulen.jpeg

Choice!

****, maybe it's the rose-tint effect but I'm digging on 'My Mercy' and 'Burgundy' from 'Chamber Music' again. Maybe it's because of Aimee Echo's backing vocals, Human Waste Project are the only nu-metal band I've never grown out of, but maybe that's cos they only managed the one album. The Start were fiercely patchy though.....

Anywho them pictures are ace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Malice wrote: »
    You think these two people are "fat sweaty bald men"?

Not in my eyes anyhow. look i never made it past the name Coal Chamber, that's all. Bolt Thrower had me craving more but the Coal Chamber remained firmly sealed.

But then what's in a name eh. Or a meh name, whichever

Advertisement