Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody ever had success contacting someone famous

Options
  • 27-09-2011 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

as above and if so how did you go about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

I contacted Michael Jackson once,well not me personally,I was in the presence of a scouse con man,who,despite the fact had previously stated that individual spirits cannot be summoned to order,contacted him.

It was brilliant,there was a girl who cried for ages,yet shed no tears,or maybe I just imagined the whole thing.

Is this what you mean????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

as above and if so how did you go about it

I once phoned Ross Kemp, but he told me to "Fack off" and called me a "Cant"
    Is that what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

yes...i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Shamefully, when I was about 13, I wrote to Michael Crawford to tell him how I had spent my confirmation money on "Phantom of the Opera" on CD and how much I liked "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em".

He actually sent me back a really nice handwritten reply, apologising for taking so long; that my letter went to an old address and took a while to get forwarded to him, and that it was lovely to know that young people still liked him. He also enclosed a signed photo. It was like all my Christmasses had come at once, I swear to God!

how did you get his address

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

With twitter anyone can do this, good chance you'd get a reply

Does this count OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Wrote to Michael Flatley in Fermoy about a connection between a shipwreck off Wexford coast (1859) and some possible ancestors (some Flatley names on passenger list) of his. Had a telephone call from his Secretary about 6/8 weeks later (he was on tour in the meantime).

It turned out he had had research done on his family tree and was able to say the probability was that they were not related.

Nice of him to bother, I thought.

twitter could work but im thinkin like so many people follow celebs on there they prob get sick of all the requests and things,somethin different might draw there attention like a letter or email or something

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

twitter could work but im thinkin like so many people follow celebs on there they prob get sick of all the requests and things,somethin different might draw there attention like a letter or email or something

Who are you thinking about contacting?

We could advise you better if we knew that.

......michael buble :cool::cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

My mother wrote a letter to Chris de Burgh in the late 80's and asked him to say Happy Birthday to me at his concert that she was bringing me to because I have the same birthday as his daughter. He didn't do it but rang our home the week after to say he hadn't gotten the letter in time and wanted to say it to me personally. Apparently I had a 5 minute natter with him, very nice of him to do that for a 6 year old. I know his name isn't anything major now but he was huge then.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

I wrote to Jim'll fix it when I was seven...I'm still waiting for a reply:rolleyes:Damn him and his shell suits!!:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I wrote to Bono once asking to meet him for a chat.

Recieved a visit from the Gardai who warned me to leave him alone..typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

When one of our players retired, I wrote to a load of ex-players (football) asking if they could acknowledge his career (same club, over 1,000 games, 700 goals) - heard back from one - Mr Gary Lineker who wrote a fantastic letter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

When one of our players retired, I wrote to a load of ex-players (football) asking if they could acknowledge his career (same club, over 1,000 games, 700 goals) - heard back from one - Mr Gary Lineker who wrote a fantastic letter

That's actually pretty cool. I always thought he was a bit too good to be true, but that's a sound touch...

thanks for all the replies,anyone have any ideas how id go about gettin in touch with Mr. Buble...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

http://www.michaelbuble.com/contact

What you going to ask him? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

thanks for all the replies,anyone have any ideas how id go about gettin in touch with Mr. Buble...

Send him naked pictures on Twitter :P

If they fail, well you at least have something handy if you need your career boosted after a bad patch :pac:

Note: I'm obviously joking and making fun of the Scarlett Johansson thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

Did a small entertainment type show couple years ago, have interviewed various people from RTE, TV3 and local and national stations, still have their contact numbers

already tried the contact thing on the website :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 donnabrenton

not yet contacted anyone....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I've never had the urge to contact celebs like that. I usually wait a bit outside a gig and hope for the best.

Advertisement