Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2011 intake

Options
  • 26-09-2011 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

I have found out that I will be in the december intake however this clashes with my girlfriends birthday. Is the weekend a friday and sataurday? Or is it friday, sataurday and sunday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

Tyron Jara wrote: »
    I have found out that I will be in the december intake however this clashes with my girlfriends birthday. Is the weekend a friday and sataurday? Or is it friday, sataurday and sunday?

As far as i know it is Saturday and Sunday
    Can i ask how you know you are in the Dec intakes? Did u pass your medical and all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

shaunerz wrote: »
    As far as i know it is Saturday and Sunday
    Can i ask how you know you are in the Dec intakes? Did u pass your medical and all?
    I rang up today and asked what the status of my application was. I was told im down for the intake in the first weekend in december. Yes ive passed my medical. Thing is my girlfriends 21st is on the first weekend of december and I cant miss that so im in a bit of a bind:S The guy who was talking to me though didnt really have the exact dates in december just said the first weekend but im hoping it will be after that weekend. Fingers crossed. He said il get an email at least a month before. Im also hoping I heard him wrong and he said November Lol but thats a long shot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

It's usually a friday and saturday. It was for me anyway last september.
    It originaly was on on saturdays and sundays when the reserves first started but with cutbacks they stopped it on sundays so they didnt have to pay the sunday rates.
    Hope this helps.

jmc1546 wrote: »
    It's usually a friday and saturday. It was for me anyway last september.
    It originaly was on on saturdays and sundays when the reserves first started but with cutbacks they stopped it on sundays so they didnt have to pay the sunday rates.
    Hope this helps.
    Trust me if its friday and sataurdays youve made my day. Can you go home on the sataurday so?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

Yes you can go home the Saturday at about 5pm or so. If you need to go early just make it known to one of the training Sergeants and there should be in no problem.
    But its in your interest to stay for the full training as its short enough as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jt9

do you reckon they will still go ahead with the December intake? despite all the cancelling and rescheduling going on of the training?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

jt9 wrote: »
    do you reckon they will still go ahead with the December intake? despite all the cancelling and rescheduling going on of the training?

Cross that bridge when ya come to it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Hugo13

Hi all,

can anyone tell me how i could go about finding out when I might be called in for training, I emailed HQ a few times but get the usual generic stuff back about 'not being able to indicate specifically'. is there a phone number I could ring to get a better response.

I passed my medical last July.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hugo13 wrote: »
    Hi all,

can anyone tell me how i could go about finding out when I might be called in for training, I emailed HQ a few times but get the usual generic stuff back about 'not being able to indicate specifically'. is there a phone number I could ring to get a better response.

I passed my medical last July.

Thanks!

HQ will contact you when it's time for training Hugo13.

If you did want to make contact though, you could contact (from here):
    Garda Reserve Office, Human Resources, Garda Headquarters, Phoenix Park, Dublin 8.
    Tel: +353 1 666 2571
    E-mail: gardareserve@garda.ie

I would imagine that it is still early. I would wait until the middle of November before making any further contact though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭brotherrabbit

Im going down on the 1st of Dec... xD Boo Raaa!

• Advertisement

Congrats to you :)

Congradulations on the news:D

Cheers folks..
    Keep the faith :D

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Did you recieve an e-mail ? Has anyone else heard anything ?

Yes. I got an E mail. Sgt billco got word as well i believe. when did you do your medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Just got an email to start training on the 1st of december :D Can someone please tell me how long we will be there etc as i have work that day :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Just got an email to start training on the 1st of december :D Can someone please tell me how long we will be there etc as i have work that day :eek:

IIRC , you'll be there for the weekend? I would take the day off mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jt9

heading down the 1st aswel!!! :) anyone from Cork going???

No man,. co Louth here...CANT WAIT xD

Heading down on the first of december for training afterall, managed to get off work for the two days luckly enough, Cant wait :D, cya all down there

• Advertisement

see you down their man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 prima-ballerina

Heading down on the 1st of December too! Is anyone going on Wednesday night? And do you know what the 'accommodation arrangements' are? :)

Heading down on the 1st of December too! Is anyone going on Wednesday night? And do you know what the 'accommodation arrangements' are? :)

Im probably haeding down on the wednesday night aswell must likely, all I know about the accomdiation is that theres accomidation for the whole class if needed and anyone heading down can be there from 6pm to 11pm wednesday so i was told anyhow

Il see you two in pollys ;) cant wait!! i hope to be at the college around 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 prima-ballerina

Good stuff :) lucky you two getting there early! I'm heading from Dublin after work looking like a long trip ahead, will all be worth it though I'm sure!! :)

Il see you two in pollys ;) cant wait!! i hope to be at the college around 5

Sounds like a plan, cant wait to start training :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Good stuff :) lucky you two getting there early! I'm heading from Dublin after work looking like a long trip ahead, will all be worth it though I'm sure!! :)

should take ya 90mins max

straight down to roscrea, take a left at the the roundabout with the mcdonalds and yer there in 20mins or so

easy!

enjoy a few in pollys for me, great days........

Sincere Best Wishes to all heading to Templemore in the coming days. Any questions or queries, look guys, you know how to make contact.

It still seems like yesterday that I started my own training (Feb 4th 2011) and it's been some roller-coaster and now you guys will be on the last in-take of 2011. I know you'll enjoy your training.

Try and take everything in; their will always be something to learn; don't hesitate in asking questions to anyone and have fun along your journey :)

kerry4sam

Heading down to the college today, hopefully around 6 or 7, cant wait :D anyone else heading down tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Role on the new year!!

Advertisement