Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing a solid Walnut stairs

Options
  • 26-09-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Stairs installed on Monday. 2 options to finish it, spraying on site, or my good painter. If we went the painting route, whats teh best recommended products to bring out the walnut

tred

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

sraying will always be a better finish for a nice smooth hand rail maybe use a 2 pac polyuratain lacquer its hery durable and hard and it brings the caracter of the timber up nice i most certainly wouldnt use varnish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

sraying will always be a better finish for a nice smooth hand rail maybe use a 2 pac polyuratain lacquer its hery durable and hard and it brings the caracter of the timber up nice i most certainly wouldnt use varnish

I assume that you would seal it first and then use above. is the 2 pac, where you add the hardener and mix?. Any particular good brands.

tred wrote: »
    I assume that you would seal it first and then use above. is the 2 pac, where you add the hardener and mix?. Any particular good brands.

Just for those who might be interested after talking to the experts, and the fact we were hand finishing, we went with a product from sherwin williams, Sayerlack. It has the sealer, hardner and lacquer in one tin. Ill post the number later. So far so good, excellent product. Sherwin williams now own Becker acroma as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

have to agree with one shot on kill. poly u cant be beat. the experts tend to be on what they sell.

1chippy wrote: »
    have to agree with one shot on kill. poly u cant be beat. the experts tend to be on what they sell.

ill post up a before and after pic......really happy with it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭about2build

before and after pic? :D

Advertisement