Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scared stiff of dentists!

Options
  • 25-09-2011 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Need some help or advice :) I've got a really bad fear of visiting the dentist! I've got broken horrible teeth and really need to get them fixed but even when I'm in the most agonising pain I still can't bring myself to book an appoinment never mind go into the dental clinic! I get physically sick and have panic attacks on the rare occasions I make it to the surgery ;( is there any dentists out there that put you asleep? I've had no look finding one, I would love to have nice teeth to feel confident enough to smile again (",)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Weeze wrote: »
    Need some help or advice :) I've got a really bad fear of visiting the dentist! I've got broken horrible teeth and really need to get them fixed but even when I'm in the most agonising pain I still can't bring myself to book an appoinment never mind go into the dental clinic! I get physically sick and have panic attacks on the rare occasions I make it to the surgery ;( is there any dentists out there that put you asleep? I've had no look finding one, I would love to have nice teeth to feel confident enough to smile again (",)

A full general anaesthetic is out of the question for most people having general dental treatment.
    Look into IV sedation for treatment.
    Good luck,
    OS

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

Weeze - if you're willing to travel to Dublin for treatment I can pm you the contact details for my 'new' dentist - I like you am a very nervous patient and hadn't been to a dentist for the best part of two decades so I made it my new years resolution to sort things out this year. I'm so glad I did, the dentist I go to now uses state-of-the-art laser technology to work on the teeth - none of that horrible whirring drill stuff - I got a load of work done (mainly deep fillings) and I swear I didn't feel a thing - my dislike of dentists has been turned on its head and to be honest I'm now rather looking forward to my next appointment.

As well as the laser stuff, the dentist herself is extremely good at putting one at ease, explaining everything as she goes along and making sure you're relaxed all the time - I really can't speak highly enough.

So as I said, lemme know here if you want contact details and I'll pm you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Weeze

alfa beta wrote: »
    Weeze - if you're willing to travel to Dublin for treatment I can pm you the contact details for my 'new' dentist - I like you am a very nervous patient and hadn't been to a dentist for the best part of two decades so I made it my new years resolution to sort things out this year. I'm so glad I did, the dentist I go to now uses state-of-the-art laser technology to work on the teeth - none of that horrible whirring drill stuff - I got a load of work done (mainly deep fillings) and I swear I didn't feel a thing - my dislike of dentists has been turned on its head and to be honest I'm now rather looking forward to my next appointment.

As well as the laser stuff, the dentist herself is extremely good at putting one at ease, explaining everything as she goes along and making sure you're relaxed all the time - I really can't speak highly enough.

So as I said, lemme know here if you want contact details and I'll pm you.

Oh Id Be happy to travel to timbucktwo if I thought I'd find a dentist to deal with me!!
    My dentist gives me valium which is of no help at all!

I'd be so greatfull if you would pass on the details :)

Hi Weeze

did you get my pm

It didn't appear in my sent items so I just thought I'd check here with you. Let me know if you got it or not - and if not, I'll resend

Cheers
    Alfa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi Alfa, could you please PM me the details of that dentist too?

Have similar story to the OP, need to go a dentist asap, I think I have broke a tooth. Haven't even made an appointment anywhere and I already feel sick, shakey, hands sweating etc absolutely terrified. The thing that gets to me every time is the drill, so would love to know more about your dentist.

• Advertisement

No problem monife - pm on the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

can i have that dentists name too

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

Hi could you also pm me. im so terrified that i havent been in over 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

could you pm me too plse :) and also could you tell me how much the treatment is which you spoke of
    ? thanks muchly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 meercat1

Hi,

Any chance of this number or name too please from any of you?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 purpleribbon

Any chance anyone is still on this form and could pass on the details of this dentist please!

Thanks!

Advertisement