Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How a magnum opus took shape - from the Irish Times

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

What an ambiguously and uselessly titled thread. Why not call it, "Nick Mason interview with the Irish Times" or "Nick Mason on Dark Side of the Moon"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    What an ambiguously and uselessly titled thread. Why not call it, "Nick Mason interview with the Irish Times" or "Nick Mason on Dark Side of the Moon"?

I took the title from the webpage., Geez, is it possible to please anyone anytime??

Sorry I ever went to the trouble to share the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    I took the title from the webpage., Geez, is it possible to please anyone anytime??

Sorry I ever went to the trouble to share the item.

Usually the point of a discussion board is to discuss rather than just post links. But yes, it's interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

What's that a new ice-cream? Fascinating process .. Tl:dr.

Shït I thought I was in AH :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Thanks OP for posting. Read that on Saturday, decent enough article - but the part where Mason said if a current band tried to make an album like that now they wouldn't be allowed makes me think Nick never before heard of experimental music.
    Not PF greatest record I think, listened to it continuosly for about 6 months when I was younger (and high) loved it then but wouldn't listen to it now except a once off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

buck65 wrote: »
    Thanks OP for posting. Read that on Saturday, decent enough article - but the part where Mason said if a current band tried to make an album like that now they wouldn't be allowed makes me think Nick never before heard of experimental music.
    Not PF greatest record I think, listened to it continuosly for about 6 months when I was younger (and high) loved it then but wouldn't listen to it now except a once off.

Yeah would be of the same thinking. It often gets touted as their greatest album and what not, but it does not get the same kind of repeat listening from me anymore that some of the other PF albums still do. That said when I do crack it out the odd time it still sounds great.

Advertisement