Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airsoft gun suitable for woodland

Options
  • 25-09-2011 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi everyone, ive know a lad thats getting into airsoft. He's a teenager and he would like me to fix him up with a good gun suitable for woodland. He has been to the Office block CQB in Tallaght. He liked it, but everyone was to experienced if you know what i mean. so his budget is around 100 euro and he'd like new guns only (no used) If you have one in mind could you tell me the price, website and a link to the gun.
    *sorry but im not taking guns off anyone on Boards, sorry.
    Thanks Adam :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

My advice would be to tell him to save up a bit more. Most pistols cost more than €100, nevermind something he could use as a primary in a woodland skirmish.

If he's willing to get another €80 together, this AEG is solid, from what I've seen when my little brother uses it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Too experienced? That's probably the best environment to be in for learning how to play more effectively.

Anyway, you're looking at a minimum of €150. Even at that, you are far better off with a budget of closer to €300, which leaves a little extra for batteries, chargers, mags etc.

Alternatively, if he's committed, the only remotely skirmishable gun below €100, is a multi-shot shotgun. Even at that, you're into a very dedicated role, and one that is certainly not for everyone. It is also not the most suited for woodland, and more geared toward closer encounters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I'd recommend him stretching his Budget to 300 like Inari said and getting a Raider

http://www.hobbyairsofter.com/Rifles/Electric-Rifles/Colt-GR15-Raider-Blowback

They're very good as a started level but with G&G's hi end internals, I've been playing airsoft for like 3 years now and only bought one recently, so even 'experienced' players if you will be them. If I was to go back and choose my started AEG again it would be that, hands down, it has the Rails etc for attachments so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭airsofter.adam

ok thanks everyone thats grest sdvice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭airsofter.adam

ok thanks everyone thats grest sdvice :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement