Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i was sacked (disciplinary) - can i climbe a dole?

• 25-09-2011 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi was was sucked - disciplinary action.
    am i entiteled to dole?

...i left my job because i was offered new, better.
    i was there for a week and i made a comment over the ph about black person working there - my mistake, and i'm sorry about this but someone 'overheard' this. i've been sacked because of that.

am i entiteled to climbe a dole?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Your entitlement to Unemployment Benefit would depend on your PRSI contributions, they may disallow you for a period of up to 9 weeks for the loss of your job through I'm assuming Gross Misconduct.
    You need to speak to your local SW office to make an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭sparks24

what did you say about the black fella? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

missme wrote: »
    hi was was sucked

Freudian slip ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Glad to hear you got the sack.

I know they are recruiting down in Pulaski, Tennessee for the Ku Klux Klan, but you will need to take a time machine to get you back to 1865 where you belong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

over the ph

over the what?

What did you say?

Chinasea wrote: »
    I know they are recruiting down in Pulaski, Tennessee for the Ku Klux Klan, but you will need to take a time machine to get you back to 1865 where you belong.

They hated the Irish and the papists as they called them so not a good example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

i was there for a week and i made a comment over the ph about black person working there
    So tell me, were they basic or acidic? Either way it seems like the pair of you must now have a fairly caustic relationship.
    :D

In all seriousness though, i'm fairly sure you're not entitled to anything considering you were sacked from your job for what appears to be making racist remarks.

mikemac wrote: »
    They hated the Irish and the papists as they called them so not a good example

yea but same sentiment - same .....'IST.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 missme

Glad to hear you got the sack.

Did u heard about something called 'ante rasizm' ? no ? so u have to take a time machine and move urself to our time.
    In our times emplyer would rather let go white employee rather than 'coloured'

people saying many things and don't mean them.

And funny thing is that if someone will call irish person 'stupid' or other foreiner ..it will never be a problem or person won't loose the job!!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

Did u heard about something called 'ante rasizm' ? no ? so u have to take a time machine and move urself to our time.

people saying many things and don't mean them.

And funny thing is that if someone will call irish person 'stupid' or other foreiner ..it will never be a problem or person won't loose the job!!

to be honest no i never have

I think not only do you need a time machine but a few reading and writing lessons wouldn't go a miss. Best of luck though climbing the dolldole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Apart from your non acceptable remarks, yes you will be entitled to something from the state, depending on how many stamps you paid. Bring you P45 down to the local welfare office, explain what happened and they will advise you.

Should you ever be lucky enough to get another job, keep your mouth shut and racist, sexist and any other "ist" views to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Although this is phrased weird, this statement is very true, and i've seen it in my workplace. Companies are scared to get labeled racist

I think not only do you need a time machine but a few reading and writing lessons wouldn't go a miss. Best of luck though climbing the dolldole!

if i have to choose between being an ignorant and spelling wrongly i prefer writing lessons

Always easier to belittle someone then try debate isnt it.

Although this is phrased weird, this statement is very true, and i've seen it in my workplace. Companies are scared to get labeled racist

I'd say you'd get a free pass on the time machine too - remember though blacks to the back

Its funny, missme may be spelling words wrong, but you're the one typing each post with your forehead

Thank you for the help and answer for question i asked.

i have p45 only from my previous job. in this new place it was more than only this to the story. i left my job because they was offering great conditions of work. when i started they started to change their mind and conditions i agreed to take employment under. I said that i won't sign the contract until it will all be like it was discussed.
    so when they find out about all this telephone conversaton they couldn't believe in their luck..i guess. so i never signed contract with them. They also aid that this 'incident' won't be mentioned anywhere.

do i have to tell in social welfare about this job so?

I'd say you'd get a free pass on the time machine too - remember though blacks to the back

At the moment u r the only person making racist comments here....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I'm surprised you weren't sacked for your poor grammar and spelling to be honest.

What did you say about him that was so bad?

I think you should be ok for social welfare, you should be entitled.

Hope you learned your lesson though for future jobs, generally it's a good idea not to say bad things about others at work either to their face or behind their back.

As regards social welfare, you don't have to mention the "incident". The less said the better. In any case they wouldn't stop your dole for an incident like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Ah just go into Social and tell them you lost your job. With so many people signing on they might not check too thoroughly if you lost the job or were sacked.

If the management said they weren't going to mention it see if you can get a letter from them saying you were let go, not sacked and bring it to SW.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I`ve seen enough here
    Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement