Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renting to students ?

Options
  • 25-09-2011 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi all,
    We will have a house to rent in the next few weeks very near the college. Am just wondering will it be too far pass the start of college to be looking for students ?
    Do you think I should wait till next year ?
    Do students change digs during the year ? i'm sure curcumstance's vary but any opinions welcome .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

Shur what have u got to lose?
    You've a great chance of renting it out, when i was a fresher (i lived at home) but SEVERAL students out of my class moved out of digs before christmas, i think freshers sign up for digs not knowing anybody or the area & as soon as they make friends, start going out, they want out of digs pronto!
    The sooner u put it up the better :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

I'm in the Galway area and myself and a lot of my partners would never rent to 1st years, never. They're just not worth the T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

Thanks for the advice, will put it up and see what interest there is but will definately stay away from the first years.

Marlie

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭royston_vasey

I would be very wary of any student changing accommodation during the year; you really need to investigate the reasons and causes. You could be inviting a whole lot of trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 maelaw

I would be very wary of any student changing accommodation during the year; you really need to investigate the reasons and causes. You could be inviting a whole lot of trouble

There could be any amount of reasons for someone moving, if they didn't like the house they moved into, had trouble with the landlord or didn't get on with the people they lived with. Just because they are moving mid year does not mean they are going to be trouble.

• Advertisement
Advertisement