Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlebar Hospital??

Options
  • 24-09-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi Ladies, I was just wondering have any of you had babies in Castlebar hospital?? and how did it all go?? I have heard some terrifying stories and im begining to wish i picked UCH Galway now :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

My better half has had 2 in c'bar and we can't really fault them. We have also had 1 in Galway, and found c'bar just as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 supershazf

Hey I had a baby in castle bar, found them really nice to be honest,

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭1daisy1

I have had all my 3 babies in Castlebar (my youngest is only 4 months), I found them great, they took no risks, the medical staff saw me on rounds every day and the midwives are very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Had 3 Deliveries in Castlebar. One public, 2 private. I can honestly say the midwives in there are wonderful. Ran off their feet, but wonderful.

I went public first time round and ended up spending 6 weeks bed rest in a 6 bed room and i almost lost my mind. So the second time around i decided to go private because i supected a similar outcome. The level of care is identical. The treatment is identical. The staff in there, right down to the lady who brings you in the cuppa, so nice.

I had complicated pregnancies and alot of bumps in the road. Dr Mohammud is legend in my opinion, backed up by a great team. 4 children later, I say with the greatest respect, i hope never to have to see him again :D

Edit: If Castlebar is closer for you than Galway, you really should not be even considering the Galway option. Think of the distance in an emergency, bad roads in Feb etc. Just food for thought

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Long Road 8378

I'm due my first next year and am really confident about MGH. I know they fall short in a lot of areas but everyone I know has raved about the Maternity Unit and hadn't a bad word to say about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

thanks for all your stories ladiess. I have decided to go with castlebar, and have been for my first scan and early pregnancy class.. and have been happy enough with both.

its kinda all just hit me in the last week that im gunna be a parent and finding it all frigging terrifying! but hey, thats not a reflection on the hospital.. thats my own issue :D

thanks again:D

Advertisement