Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone explain a 'Tri Bet'

Options
  • 24-09-2011 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

I noticed a market on Betfair for the Ireland v Russia match tomorrow called "Tri Bet" which I don't fully understand. See below:

rtkMm.jpg

Backing the last 2 options seems too good to be true - "Either Team Under 7.5pts" at 9/1 & "Russia Over 7.5pts" at 21/1. I thought on first glance that if I backed both of these, then if Russia scored less than 7.5pts I would win on the 9/1 market OR if they score more than 7.5pts I would win at 21/1...

But I must be missing something...

Can anyone explain how this market works?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

you are betting on the team you think you will win PLUS the winning margin.

So here, it was:

Ireland to win by more than 7.5 pts
    Either team to win by less than 7.5 pts
    Russia to win by more than 7.5 pts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

netnerd wrote: »
    you are betting on the team you think you will win PLUS the winning margin.

So here, it was:

Ireland to win by more than 7.5 pts
    Either team to win by less than 7.5 pts
    Russia to win by more than 7.5 pts

Ah that makes sense now, I hadn't realised the 7.5pts was a margin (I thought it might have been an absolute score, eg. Ireland to get over 7.5pts etc..). Thanks for the explanation

Advertisement