Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you plan to spend as much this year

Options
  • 24-09-2011 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

With so much bad stuff happening with the economy, do you plan on spending as much this year as you have in the last few years, just trying to judge on how busy I expect to be in work this year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

No but this mostly is because I wont be in the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

hairyslug wrote: »
    just trying to judge on how busy I expect to be in work this year.

Out of interest where do you work? (even generic description if you can't say).

I'll spend what I can afford, like most years. I've a lot of birthdays as well as Christmas to buy for so I'm usually good with rough budgets. I also tend to space out buying things to help spread the cost so it's not a large amount in one go. Buy things as I see them etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

star-pants wrote: »
    Out of interest where do you work? (even generic description if you can't say).

I'll spend what I can afford, like most years. I've a lot of birthdays as well as Christmas to buy for so I'm usually good with rough budgets. I also tend to space out buying things to help spread the cost so it's not a large amount in one go. Buy things as I see them etc.

I work for a distributor for a few mobile phone networks, its always (for the past 11 years) been mental, working daily shifts of 16/17hrs on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

hairyslug wrote: »
    I work for a distributor for a few mobile phone networks, its always (for the past 11 years) been mental, working daily shifts of 16/17hrs on a regular basis.

Ah ok, yeah I guess phones are probably a regular enough present, deals that are on around Christmas as well. No one in my family/friends are getting a new phone this year if that helps :D
    I need a new one, but I'll get that myself soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

star-pants wrote: »
    I'll spend what I can afford, like most years. I'm usually good with rough budgets. I also tend to space out buying things to help spread the cost so it's not a large amount in one go. Buy things as I see them etc.

Same here. Most things I buy, I get a bit at a time. I do the same with my electricity bill - I pay off so much each week so it's not a big shock in one go.
    The credit card on the other hand is a different story :)

I don't have a lot of money but I do find with every supermarket competing heavily with each other, and sales on every week in shops, there's great bargains to be had.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm spending the same- I'm no worse off than I was any other year, I've always been in a low wage job, just getting by.
    I don't have any Christmas birthdays to buy for and a small family and close group of friends. €600 is generally my budget for gifts.

I save all my tesco clubcard vouchers from the start of the year and have a few hundred by December which gets my Christmas food.

I usually spend May/June saving for my summer holiday.
    July saving for my holiday spending money and putting a bit aside for Christmas presents.
    August going on holiday (yay) and putting my money away for Christmas.
    In September I buy all my presents and put money aside for my winter wardrobe.
    In October I buy a couple of Christmas party frocks and winter clothes.
    In November I SAVE and by December I have enough money to enjoy the party season and don't have to worry about money or getting presents. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Posy wrote: »
    I usually spend May/June saving for my summer holiday.
    July saving for my holiday spending money and putting a bit aside for Christmas presents.
    August going on holiday (yay) and putting my money away for Christmas.
    In September I buy all my presents and put money aside for my winter wardrobe.
    In October I buy a couple of Christmas party frocks and winter clothes.
    In November I SAVE and by December I have enough money to enjoy the party season and don't have to worry about money or getting presents. :)

:eek: Posy, you are super-organised!!!
    I, on the other hand, don't know what I'm doing from day-to-day, let alone month-to-month!

Advertisement