Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance Reduction nightmare

Options
  • 24-09-2011 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I just had my Rent Review, the estate agent had 'not got around' to giving me my new lease since march - long story short it's been a bit of a nightmare to get the lease and the forms filled out and sent back etc. I was thinking that was the end of that until march comes around again, but now I 've got a letter from the Social Welfare saying the rent limit in my area is 850 for a one parent family with one child (no one informed me of this, I had been told last year that it was 880) And I have 21 days to 'renegotiate the rent with my landlord or find alternative accommodation'. There is a new form to be filled out as well, that looks for the Landlords PPS no. I have just signed the lease after all this trouble! On top of this my estate agent, who is impossible to get hold of at the best of times, has just gone on holiday for two weeks. How can I move if I lose my deposit for breaking a freshly signed lease? What should I do?
    :eek::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

Just come to a deal with the landlord. Hey....I am living with my boyf..no kids but we only get 37 eur pwk. 37! We are both on BTEA, it is so hard to flippin live on this! As renters we are not allowed to go over the 550 limit...but its OK for the social to drop what we get as much as possible!!

Its a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,820 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hi Guys,

I just had my Rent Review, the estate agent had 'not got around' to giving me my new lease since march - long story short it's been a bit of a nightmare to get the lease and the forms filled out and sent back etc. I was thinking that was the end of that until march comes around again, but now I 've got a letter from the Social Welfare saying the rent limit in my area is 850 for a one parent family with one child (no one informed me of this, I had been told last year that it was 880) And I have 21 days to 'renegotiate the rent with my landlord or find alternative accommodation'. There is a new form to be filled out as well, that looks for the Landlords PPS no. I have just signed the lease after all this trouble! On top of this my estate agent, who is impossible to get hold of at the best of times, has just gone on holiday for two weeks. How can I move if I lose my deposit for breaking a freshly signed lease? What should I do?
    :eek::confused:

I just had to put the landlords full name and address the PPS was not necessary as they should have their own records. This was for Rent Relief (when it was available)

Advertisement