Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance on a Car for 17y/o?

Options
  • 23-09-2011 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know How much would Insurance be for a 17yr old Male Drive of a VW Golf Approx.?

And is their any offers around if you do driving lessons with a certain insurance provider they give you money off your insurance then?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Depends on the size of the car. i.e 1.4/1.6/2.0 etc..

As an guess/estimate, under his own name it would be €1600 in a 1.4

Yes, there are offers with some insurance companies for cheaper insurance, but to qualify for those, he can only drive with an instructor/adult in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

callaway92 wrote: »
    Depends on the size of the car. i.e 1.4/1.6/2.0 etc..

As an guess/estimate, under his own name it would be €1600 in a 1.4

Yes, there are offers with some insurance companies for cheaper insurance, but to qualify for those, he can only drive with an instructor/adult in the car.

Not a hope 1600. My bro is 30 learning to drive and has an opel corsa and his insurance fully comp was 1700 and it would have been 1450 third party fire and theft. My cousin who was 17 just got his full license was quoted over 2k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

iDann wrote: »
    Does anybody know How much would Insurance be for a 17yr old Male Drive of a VW Golf Approx.?

And is their any offers around if you do driving lessons with a certain insurance provider they give you money off your insurance then?

Thanks

Asgard are about the cheapest that are guaranteed to quote for 17 and 18 year olds and their minimum premium is €2,500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Asgard are about the cheapest that are guaranteed to quote for 17 and 18 year olds and their minimum premium is €2,500.

Is there a high excess on that? God my first insurance was 2800 old irish punts... Thanks be to god Im auld :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The excess isnt too bad,couple of hundred bucks I think.Nothing like xsdirects (3K) excess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I wasn't driving for a while so I lost my no claims bonus.

Just checked quinndirect who quoted me €1200 on a 1.4l third party fire and theft, up €250 from a quote I got last year. I'm 29. I'm sure other insurers are cheaper now, however the cost of insurance is ridiculous.

Advertisement