Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 bed riverpoint sells at auction for

Options
  • 23-09-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

2 bed riverpoint sold today€88,000 today at allsop auction.

How much were they €300,000? Ouch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Not a bad bit of business for the purchaser.
    You'd have your money back in 10 to 12 years renting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Where are these apartments?

Obviously near the river;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

amiable wrote: »
    Where are these apartments?

Obviously near the river;)

The big glass "skyscraper" beside Jury's.

BESman wrote: »
    The big glass "skyscraper" beside Jury's.
    I know the one. I actually did some work for the place when it was being built. Top spec stuff went in to a lot of those apartments

amiable wrote: »
    I know the one. I actually did some work for the place when it was being built. Top spec stuff went in to a lot of those apartments

You'd often see a few up on Daft now and again. The pictures are very impressive, I'd take one at that price if they're up for auction in the near future. I think the glass part is offices and the part of the building to the left near the Garda station is where the residential units are, am I right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Itsdacraic wrote: »

that is the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place :-)

There was a one bed as well with a reserve of €50,000, anyone know what it went for?

You'd often see a few up on Daft now and again. The pictures are very impressive, I'd take one at that price if they're up for auction in the near future. I think the glass part is offices and the part of the building to the left near the Garda station is where the residential units are, am I right?
    Would you believe i've never been inside the door of the place.

All my work was done off site:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Not in the slightest imo.

Renting at about €700 pm at the moment (if rent allowance is cut that will likely fall over the long term, so it is taking an optimistic view of things to say the least).

€8400 per year assuming no vacancy rate and not accounting for management charges of around €1500 per year. So €6200 per year assuming occupied 11 out of 12 months every year (Again, pretty optimistic imo!). That's gross. If you pay income tax at the high rate you will be paying over half that in tax, so maybe income of €3000 a year? That could be a net return of what, 3.5% a year - not a great yield. In this climate you would want a yield of 8-10% for sure.

Sure if you have a mortgage for the property you can claim 75% of the interest (not the full payment) off against tax. AT the moment. But we all know how things change in these days of 'austerity'...

Not to mentions costs involved in replacing / fixing appliance, renovation etc. Getting calls at all hours from over-stressed tenants.

No thanks.
    But maybe I'm just not the property investment type :o:o

Renting at about €700 pm at the moment (if rent allowance is cut that will likely fall over the long term, so it is taking an optimistic view of things to say the least).

€8400 per year assuming no vacancy rate and not accounting for management charges of around €1500 per year. So €6200 per year assuming occupied 11 out of 12 months every year (Again, pretty optimistic imo!). That's gross. If you pay income tax at the high rate you will be paying over half that in tax, so maybe income of €3000 a year? That could be a net return of what, 3.5% a year - not a great yield. In this climate you would want a yield of 8-10% for sure.

Sure if you have a mortgage for the property you can claim 75% of the interest (not the full payment) off against tax. AT the moment. But we all know how things change in these days of 'austerity'...

Not to mentions costs involved in replacing / fixing appliance, renovation etc. Getting calls at all hours from over-stressed tenants.

No thanks.

Valid points. Its not always as easy as it appears. You really need to account for all the other costs and uncertainties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

There was a one bed as well with a reserve of €50,000, anyone know what it went for?

It didn't sell at the auction, but they did sell it after, no price given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

No thanks.

you forgot to carry the one :p

but yes shes right...owing a rental property at the moment just isnt worth it for the income once taxes and chaarges are taken into account in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

you forgot to carry the one :p

but yes shes right...owing a rental property at the moment just isnt worth it for the income once taxes and chaarges are taken into account in my opinion.

I hope that's a joke dude, I don't see no miss-takes! :pac::pac:

Another factor that people forget about as wlel, particularly these days, is the illiquidity of it. In three year's time you could be forced to emigrate, family member gets sick etc. - could be desperate to sell the place to free up some cash, and well, I wonder how easy it will be to sell apartments in a few years. The sheer volume of them and lack of the 'unique property' / 'dream house' factor you get with houses means that there is plenty of choice of similar stock for potential buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

was making about 47-48k and he was very close to selling it but pulled it at the last second when prompted. so you can take it for sure that the first offer of 50 or 51 after the auction secured it.
    fairly sure the one down the road in Mt. Kenneth place went for its reserve or very close to it 37,500
    auction was live on allsop website.

P.S. a proper kick in the teeth for the cosy cartel of auctioneers in Limk City.:)

washman3 wrote: »
    was making about 47-48k and he was very close to selling it but pulled it at the last second when prompted. so you can take it for sure that the first offer of 50 or 51 after the auction secured it.
    fairly sure the one down the road in Mt. Kenneth place went for its reserve or very close to it 37,500
    auction was live on allsop website.

P.S. a proper kick in the teeth for the cosy cartel of auctioneers in Limk City.:)

Ya the Richmond Court place went for c. €37k.

Agree with comment on the auctioneers, they're completely deluded. A couple of these auctions should shake things up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I saw an ad for an apartment in Fitzhaven Square, and they were asking for 180k. How close to that do you think they would get?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Who knows? Maybe when gov come out with sales price data base which is ment to come out soon.

Probably same as riverpoint as they rent for same.

Aren't there loads of empty apts down road from there empty owned by nama. (not 100% sure)

I saw an ad for an apartment in Fitzhaven Square, and they were asking for 180k. How close to that do you think they would get?

Seems a bit overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Who knows? Maybe when gov come out with sales price data base which is ment to come out soon.

Probably same as riverpoint as they rent for same.

Aren't there loads of empty apts down road from there empty owned by nama. (not 100% sure)

I know the ones you are talking about, Alandale I think it is. Across from Scotts bar. I think those were finished just before the bubble burst. I see a lot of students coming in and out of there. Then again they might not be actually living in there, they might just be having crack cocaine and crystal meth parties in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I know the ones you are talking about, Alandale I think it is. Across from Scotts bar. I think those were finished just before the bubble burst. I see a lot of students coming in and out of there. Then again they might not be actually living in there, they might just be having crack cocaine and crystal meth parties in there.

What nonsense. A lot of the appartments are being rented by professionals. Some are letted to students and that is no surprise given Mary I is only 2 mins walk from there.

It's one of the better apartment complexes in the city and has an excellent walled garden in the middle of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement