Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund of Pension Contributions

Options
  • 23-09-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

My wife is looking to cancel her pension and receive a refund of her contributions.

She has been paying in for under 2 years and I always thought that if you were paying in for under 2 years you could receive a refund minus your employers contribution and your tax at 20%. I cancelled mine with no issue at all but she has been told that:-

'Revenue rules dictate that the member cannot receive a refund of contributions unless she leaves service even if she leaves the scheme.'

Can anyone tell me if this is true or point me in the right direction to where this is stated?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I know in UCD if you've less then 2 years served with pension payments you can do what you speak of, as in refund minus employers contribution, minus tax

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

My wife is looking to cancel her pension and receive a refund of her contributions.

She has been paying in for under 2 years and I always thought that if you were paying in for under 2 years you could receive a refund minus your employers contribution and your tax at 20%. I cancelled mine with no issue at all but she has been told that:-

'Revenue rules dictate that the member cannot receive a refund of contributions unless she leaves service even if she leaves the scheme.'

Can anyone tell me if this is true or point me in the right direction to where this is stated?

Thanks
    This is the case alright. She would have to quit her job before she had 2 years scheme membership to get a refund.

Advertisement