Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Nazaire Bridge - West France

Options
  • 23-09-2011 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi

Just thought I'd share a video of us going over the St Nazaire bridge over the river Loire on our recent trip to France.

It was raining and was some height up.

Enjoy :)

Ste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u2t2ROQRQc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

My youngest is always asleep as we cross over. Must show the video..

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

I love that Bridge. Thanks for the clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,888 ✭✭✭✭phog

A few years ago I drove over this bridge and on the oncoming lane there was a lady driving a small citroen and her front drivers wheel was punctured, no place to pull so she had to keep going, I really felt for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

Definately not like going over the Liffey or the Shannon ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

Looked even more spectacular last week in blazing sunshine. Wish I had video footage just to make you all jealous. Blistering sunshine here in Biarritz at the moment. On La Pavilion Royal site over beach listening to crash of waves all day and watching young surfers having a ball. Felt I had to share this as we only have another 6 weeks before heading home. Sites quiet but great value with ACSI. Retirement is mighty. AIREs here still quite busy though never saw so many campers on the road heading North for home I guess. Spain next weekend for a few weeks. Enjoy Indian summer this week in Ireland.:D

• Advertisement

Mad Jealous wish I was back there now, even in the rain. We were lucky it was bright blue skys the very next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

shaysue wrote: »
    Looked even more spectacular last week in blazing sunshine. Wish I had video footage just to make you all jealous. Blistering sunshine here in Biarritz at the moment. On La Pavilion Royal site over beach listening to crash of waves all day and watching young surfers having a ball. Felt I had to share this as we only have another 6 weeks before heading home. Sites quiet but great value with ACSI. Retirement is mighty. AIREs here still quite busy though never saw so many campers on the road heading North for home I guess. Spain next weekend for a few weeks. Enjoy Indian summer this week in Ireland.:D

went that route in July - weather wasn't great either. Well for some - enjoy the extended break - it's what we all hope for. Often wondered what the low season is really like - is it too quite and a bit surreal compared to high season.
    Anyway it's all a bridge to far for most of us for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

looks much nicer from here ;)

Is that the one the lads in Top Gear drove over in their super cars?

Maybe I'll get that far south next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭niloc1951

The Falcon wrote: »

Done it a good few times, a real anti-climax.
    From the distance it sure is spectacular but due to its width and high sides there is no view down when driving on it, so you get little sense of its height.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 blokarter

I have been over that Bridge in some serious rain.

One time it looked like we were driving in a river..

Good video

Advertisement