Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britney's European Tour Promo - Bored?

Options
  • 23-09-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Britney gave a host of interviews for her upcoming European Tour, they've been on TV, different presenters,etc. An example is here.

Now I've seen a couple of these over the last week and each time I can't help thinking how she looks so scripted, bored, and disinterested. Now I have relative sympathy for her for all she's been through, I always felt her south park episode was very close to the truth! But she's promoting her tour here, trying to get people to go and see her and yet she gives mono-syllabic answers, looks off camera after each question, almost as if she's being held hostage.

Also, she keeps using her 16-year-old breathy squeaky voice which is in stark contrast with her 30 year old ive-seen-too-much expression. When you compare her personality with Beyonce, Gaga, Adele, even Amy (RIP) she seems so flipping plastic and inane.

So my question is this, in a world of strong female vocalists, do you find her behaviour in interviews insipid? Or is she reacting to a media that would twist any truth she may utter? Or are you beyond caring at this stage?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Well that interview definately is a little 'lackluster' on her part.. she's giving almost yes and no answers.. a nightmare for the girl interviewing her I'd say, she's giving nothing extra at all really..

All very squeeky clean and polished.. It's almost like, she's been cleaned up so much by whoever took the reigns after her breakdown, that all that's left is this stepford wife-esque figure..

OR maybe she is just bored with the whole rigmarole now, she has been doing interviews and touring etc since she was 16..

Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Eviledna wrote: »
    Or are you beyond caring at this stage?

This. Britney Spears stopped being relevant a very long time ago. Once upon a time she was the brightest star, the biggest name, redefining and leading the pop world. But the world moved on and I don't feel Britney kept up with it. Undoubtedly her fans disagree and believe she did.

I would imagine the main reason she is being pushed by her various sponsors is because "brand identity" is apparently hugely important today. They figure there's less financial risk with promoting "Britney Spears" than trying to build up a newbie from scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

That interview was cringey. I feel sorry for the person interviewing her, it was like drawing teeth! Her answers were short and she did seem disinterested.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm surprised that any celebrity says more than yes or no, because whatever else they say seems to get twisted and used against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Like someone else said she's probably bored of giving interviews. the media weren't exactly that kind to her a few years back, so pre approved questions and all of that not really a big deal considering the crap that could get said to her. She's making some great music lately so let her get on with that without all the other "celebrity" nonsense. It's kind of endearing seeing someone of her calibre not concerned with promoting herself on every magazine/show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Cami_Cato

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'm surprised that any celebrity says more than yes or no, because whatever else they say seems to get twisted and used against them.
    That's right! My friend once met Megan fox and she was like a dumb girl, he decided she's quite stupid:D

Advertisement