Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

little deaf man riddle

Options
  • 22-09-2011 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hes the biggest con artist around -he lurks around town and asks for a pound
    He points to his ear and says he can't hear
    Now he asks for a euro, but he should be assessed by the criminal assets bureau .

Do you know who he is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Da Bert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

That f*cker came up to me recently on O'Connell bridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Which town.

Ah he's been "outed" on here many a time. Yeah we know about him. Saw him a few weeks ago on D'Olier street. Someone actually gave him some euros, was about to pipe up but thought "f*ck it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I like his product and marketing technique. It's a great business model all 'round, low overheads, management-owned, flexible trading hours. It's a lesson for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Has he got black hair and harry potter type glasses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whadafook

He's a frickin little boll*x. He pulls his stunt round grafton st and spends his ill gotton gains in the bookies behind Davey Byrnes. Not deaf at all shouts at the hourse racing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Financial regulator

WHAT!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Financial regulator

Jaysis, you'd never guess it to look at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Now he asks for a euro, but he should be assessed by the criminal assets bureau .

Do you know who he is?

Roma begger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Jaysis, you'd never guess it to look at him.
    They must have cut his pension....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

so what your saying is a man points to his ear and asks for a euro, how is this a con, sounds more like a charity to me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Saila wrote: »
    so what your saying is a man points to his ear and asks for a euro, how is this a con, sounds more like a charity to me :confused:
    he lurks around town and asks for a pound...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I see him around Westmoreland Street a lot, he hassles people at bus stops and tends to get money from tourists waiting on buses to the airport. Usually doesn't ask anyone with earphones in though.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Which town.

Dublin of course, no where else qualifies I'm afraid.

Usually doesn't ask anyone with earphones in though.
    If he does ,just point to your ear and say you can't hear!

We should suggest names for this chap,. I suggest "Pointy McEars".

Deaf and Bum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

yeah..the specky c#nt is always in boylesports camden st.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

yeah..the specky c#nt is always in boylesports camden st.

Well if its the same bloke im thinking of, black hair and harry potter glasses, he is from Crumlin Area, always hanging outside Sundrive Superquinn also....He has done this for years and years....He used to have alittle note to give to people to read to get money...

• Advertisement

Knacker Dwarf isn't deaf. I'm guessing you're talking about Galway, of course!

NO ,not galway or crumlin.
    Dublin city.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm 34 and he's at this as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

He was at it this evening at the Airport Express/ 11, 16, 46a bus stop on Westmoreland St.

He got money off one person and walked unashamedly and immediately into the Boylesports right beside the Bus Stop.

I've saw him get spoken to by a couple of Gardai Siochana. One made a point of speaking to him quite loudly saying

"You're not deaf, you and I have spoken before... remember... when I've arrested you"

The next time I saw him, I said to him "I know you're not deaf" he couldn't get out of there quickly enough, not before shooting me a dirty look.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EggsAckley

This sounds like a Dustin Hoffman movie, in more ways than one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

EggsAckley wrote: »
    This sounds like a Dustin Hoffman movie, in more ways than one

Are you trying to seduce me Mrs EggsAckley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Now he asks for a euro, but he should be assessed by the criminal assets bureau

Doesn't sound like much of a con tbh. How does he react after you've told him to fúck off (with accompanying gesticulation for his benefit)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

We should suggest names for this chap,. I suggest "Pointy McEars".

Call him anything you want, he can't hear you.

Yup, I'll get me hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I was in a bar in Spain a couple of years back when a man walked in and left little cards on the tables, each card read " I am trying to provide money for my family but cannot get a job as I am deaf, any donations would be helpful" after about 5 mins he picks up the cards from each table hoping people would leave money too, when he picked up the card from my table and walked off I shouted sorry and he turned around, the whole place erupted in laughter and he just walked out :D

• Advertisement

He points to his ear

Advertisement